Asking a question: The place to start asking a question is from a specific Forum so that your question has the best chance of being answered by an expert.
Start by selecting the appropriate forum. You will see a list of popular forums, but to see all available forums use the Select Forum drop down list.
1. Sign in and choose a Forum where you’d like to ask your question
2. Select the appropriate forum. For example: Photoshop
3. Click on “Start a discussion” in the Actions Panel in the right to post a question.
Notice the “Mark as a Question” box. This is checked by default. Later on, you can come back and mark your question as answered. If you are just posting a comment and not a question, you can uncheck this box.
Answering a question:
Answering Forums members' questions helps them get the most out of their Adobe products. In addition, you receive points when your answers are marked as helpful or correct. These points are used to increase your status level and give you access to additional privileges within the community. Helpful replies will have a yellow box around them. Correct replies will have a green check mark.
Now you can rate posts that you find helpful as well!
Before you answer a question, keep the forums etiquette and best practices in mind.
Monitoring a question:
Monitoring your questions is easy. You are automatically subscribed to receive notification emails for any discussion thread you create or respond to. In addition, you can also view all your question activity in one place by visiting your profile.
To change how notification emails are sent to you, see Managing email subscriptions.
To monitor your questions in your profile:
- Sign in and go to your profile by clicking on your username.
- Click “Your Stuff” tab.
3. Click on the tab called “Your Stuff” next to the “Profile” tab and then click on Discussions on the right side of the page.
4. To view all discussions, answered questions or unanswered questions, click on the Filter dropdown and make your selection.