When your files are stored in the Creative Cloud, you can access them on your mobile device using Adobe Ideas, or on your desktop computer using Adobe Illustrator. Ideas can open files created in Illustrator, and Illustrator can open files created in Ideas, provided you first download and install a free Illustrator plug-in.
Download the plug-ins
- In a browser on your desktop computer, navigate to the Creative Cloud Apps & Services page.
- Sign-in to Creative Cloud using your Adobe ID and click download under "Touch App Plugins" to start the download and install process. Included with the installer is a plug-in for Illustrator CS5 and CS5.1 (Ilustrator CS6 includes the plugin), which enables opening of Ideas files (.idea) in Illustrator, and a plug-in for Photoshop CS5, CS5.1, and CS6, which enables opening of Photoshop Touch files (.psdx) in Photoshop.
- You will be asked (if you haven't already) to install the Adobe Application Manager, follow the steps to install the manager, and the Touch App Plugin should begin the download and installation process. If it does not, click install next to the "Touch App Plugins" icon in the Adobe Application Manager to start the process.
- You're all set to start opening your Ideas files in Illustrator CS6
Upload a file from Ideas to the Creative Cloud
- In Ideas on your mobile device, ensure you are in the organizer view (tap the arrow in the upper left corner of the screen to move from edit view to the organizer view).
- Tap to display the share menu, and touch Upload to Creative Cloud.
- Select the file to upload, and follow the steps to sign in and upload your file.
Open an Ideas file in Illustrator
- On your desktop computer, launch a browser and navigate to the Creative Cloud website.
- Sign in, and navigate to your Ideas file.
- Click the checkbox to select your file, then choose download and select a location on your hard drive.
- Launch Illustrator, and open the Ideas file.
Open an Illustrator file in Ideas
- On your desktop computer, in Illustrator, save your file.
- In a browser, navigate to the Creative Cloud website.
- Sign in, and upload your Illustrator file to the Cloud.
- On your mobile device in Ideas, use any of the add image options, such as Create new from image. Tap New from Creative Cloud, and navigate to your Illustrator file.