View All Frequently Asked Questions
Adobe FormsCentral is an easy to use online solution for creating new PDF and HTML web forms from scratch or template. Adobe Acrobat is desktop software for creating PDF forms from existing electronic or paper documents. For more details, see the below chart:
Adobe FormsCentral (Online Service)
- Online HTML web form
- PDF Form
|How forms are created|
- Create a form from scratch using a rich drag-and-drop editor.
- Speed up form creation by customizing professional form templates provided for free.
- Import existing PDF fillable forms created using Acrobat, InDesign or any other PDF form creation tool.
- Does not support the import of existing paper, Word, XFA(XML) or non-fillable PDF forms.
- Bundled Adobe FormsCentral Desktop application allows you to create fillable PDF forms from scratch or template (Acrobat Pro XI only). You can move your forms online and take full advantage of the FormsCentral online service capabilities.
- Scan existing paper forms into fillable PDF forms.
- Convert an electronic file (Microsoft Word, Excel, InDesign, or other file type) to a fillable PDF form.
- Easily add or edit form field in an existing PDF form.
- Send respondents a link to the form or survey in an email or post it to a website, blog, or wiki.
- Embed form directly within a web page
- Email the PDF file to respondents or post on your own server/website
- Email the PDF file to respondents or post on your own server/website.
|What recipients need to complete form|
- HTML web form - Recipients need only a web browser and an Internet connection to complete and submit the online form or survey. No plug-ins are required.
- PDF form - Recipients use free Adobe Reader or Acrobat software to access the PDF form and fill it either online or offline.
- Recipients use free Adobe Reader or Acrobat software to access the PDF form and fill it either online or offline.
|How you collect form responses |
- Automatically collect responses from web and PDF form in real time.
- Responses are stored centrally within FormsCentral service for easy access and sharing.
- Payments and attachments can be collected using web forms.
- Manually using email or some other method you have setup independent of Acrobat.
|Features unique to the product|
- Collect payments using PayPal as a payment processor.
- Respondents can upload file attachments as part of their form submission.
- Submission receipts can be sent to respondents to confirm form submission.
- Email notifications can be sent to you whenever a response is received.
- Sip logic rules - skip questions or pages based on the answer to a previous question.
- Field validation
|How form results are presented, and how you can analyze them |
- Search, sort, and filter on all responses.
- View all responses online, in a tabular or record view.
- Export tabulated responses to PDF, XLS, or CSV file formats for further analysis.
- Invite others to view and collaborate on the responses.
- Add simple or complex formulas to perform mathematical or statistical analysis.
- Automatically summarizes results into a report with charts.
- Export responses to XLS spreadsheet formats for further analysis.