Troubleshooting PayPal standard issues

Mentor ,
Mar 14, 2012 Mar 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This article has been ported to Troubleshooting PayPal standard issues

PayPal Standard Issues

IssueSolution
The shop generates an invoice that is not correct. PayPal option won’t even go to PayPal. It says thanks for your order, etc.Please ensure you've selected "Credit Card Processing" as this will trigger the payment process through your gateways.            Please add this field via Module -> Web Form -> Purchase form and update your Online Shop Layout -> Registration (Buy).  You'll need to replace the old purchase form with the updated from through module manager.
Paypal reporting back to the site and Paypal processes the transaction correctly and returns to the site as normal.                But the transaction never appears in the dashboard and an automatic invoice never goes out.This issue is usually due to the PayPal id not matching the primary email account associated with the PayPal account.                Please view this thread for more information.            It is important that the email address you use in the Payment Gateway setup page witih your site with the Token that is linked to the "Primary" email account. Paypal will let you have multiple email addresses which you can use to login to the account etc but only the primary account will work with the system. If using a secondary email address you will have this issue.
We have PayPal Standard and I am trying to integrate it into our website as our gateway. I have added in the token and user name into the system, but when I put a test transaction I am not taken to paypal.Please ensure you have the "PayPal" option under payment method (value = 5).  This will need to be avialable so that the customer can select the option which will tell the system that this transaction will be handled by PayPal.
We are still on the free trial and currently trying to integrate our website with paypal, but an error message is being displayed stating that "You cannot use this feature in your plan. Please upgrade to a higher plan."          In order to test out the payment gateway functionality you'll need to upgrade as the error prompt states.In order to test out the payment gateway functionality you'll need to upgrade as the error prompt states.
I would like to use PayPal Standard (non-seamless) to collect payment on my custom web form. Why will this not work?If using a custom web form to collect payment you must use a seamless gateway in which you can use PayPal PayFlow or Payment Pro since they're both seamless as Standard will not work due to it being non-seamless.  The payment process simply will not work in this manner.
I am currently getting the following error when trying to make a purchase with a credit card:          "Credit Card Payment Failed          There was an error processing your credit card. Please correct this and try again.          ERROR: An error occurred whilst processing credit card [Security header is not valid [Error Code:10002. Please go back and correct this.''"Please review this thread.           
-                https://ppmts.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ppdts.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=48&p_created=1117064089...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morning Mario,

We're having a bit of a problem with BC and Paypal. One of our clients (shopsweetsandtreats.com, if you need to see the site) is getting an error message when she tries to purchase a product through Paypal on her own site. Error message shown here:

image001.png

Her domain was purchased through GoDaddy and we are now hosting it through BC. Here's the issue: PayPal is (and I am getting this third-party) telling her that her email (still through GoDaddy) needs to match up somehow with the A Record on her BC site (at the moment, we do not have an A Record listed), so that PayPal can function correctly.

We have the correct fields and info in the Payment gateway section, but we need to solve this as her site is live and accepting orders.

Could I get you to point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Chuck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think we have it Mario. According to the case we submitted, the cause was under Payment Options on the Registration Buy form. We had to change the option from "5" to "1". in other words, a problem with the seamless payment options.

It seems to work now.

Chuck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines