• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

May release (R176) - FAQ

Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2012 May 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The May release has just been rolled out to all datacenters. Please see the full release notes: http://www.businesscatalyst.com/_blog/BC_Blog/post/May-release-New-partner-support-Infrastructure-up..., and have a look at the FAQ below:

=== Report abuse link ===

I have created a new site now and I have a "Report Abuse" link on all the pages on my site. Why is this, and how do I remove it?

The temporary "Report Abuse" badge is designed to protect Internet users from sites with inappropriate content that is related to spam, phishing, or other security, legal, and regulatory concerns.

This badge is never displayed on paid sites, sites linked to Standard or Premium Business Catalyst partners, or sites linked to Adobe ID accounts with subscriptions to the Creative Cloud, Muse, or Dreamweaver.

=== Mark site as template ===

How can I mark a site as template, and what does that mean?

Standard and Premium partners can mark sites as template by going to the site details (under the Clients list of sites, select the site, and use the Mark as Template option on the right side).

Standard Partners can mark the templates as private - meaning they will be available only to them.

Premium Partner can make the template sites private or public. Public template sites will be available in the Online Business Builder.

I don't see an option to mark a site as template - is this feature not available for all partners?

This feature is available to Standard and Premium Partners.

=== Facebook integration updates ===

I have just created a site and inserted the Facebook Modules (Comments, Like, Share, Send or Tweet) but they don't render when previewing the page live. Has something changed?

Starting with this release, you'll need to manually take the module code from developers.facebook.com and insert in the appropriate module template file. This article has all the details about the process to follow:  http://kb.worldsecuresystems.com/851/cpsid_85118.html

I've added a new Facebook Login or Facebook account link feature onto a page, and it's not showing when I preview the page

When inserting the Facebook Login or Facebook Account Link features on the page, please make sure to choose your own Image and Text for the buttons by clicking Customize in the Insert Module window.

=== Import site ===

It seems that I cannot import a site when creating a site from my Partner Portal or from the public Online Business Builder. Has this changed?

Due to performance issues that are threatening the datacenter performance and uptime, the  "Import your current site" option from the Create site wizard has been temporarly disabled. We will be working on providing a fix for this problem as soon as possible. As an alternate workflow, you could use a third party site download tool like httrack (http://www.httrack.com/) to save the site on your disk and then use an FTP client to upload the content on a Business Catalyst website.

=== Payment gateways interface updates ===

After the latest release, I cannot see the password that was set under Ecommerce->Payment gateways. Why is this?

For more privacy and data protection, we have updated the Payment Gateway configuration screens to obfuscate the sensitive login information. Fields that have been obfuscated now require confirmation.

=== General ===

Where is the development dashboard?

Starting with our May release, development dashboard has been removed from the product. The information included in this dashboard has been added to the Help & Support main page.

Where are the OBB Templates inside the Partner portal?

OBB has been renamed into My Site templates and it now includes both public and private templates.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this Adobe ID transfer Business Cataylst has fallen apart, first the BC ID to Adobe ID transfer erased both ID so I couldn't access anything (2days to fix), then they send through a policy update that has a login conflict where you have to double click the terms or you cannot acces your portal (couple of random guesses), now one of the most useful customer aqusitions tool the 'import you current website' option is unavaliable (no reasonable solution to date).

This is unacceptable, when can I expect this functionality to return! Not interested in using www.httrack.com, this is why I paid $2K for the platform and over $5K p.a. in hosting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2012 May 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is also a Mac version for downloading sites which I think is good.  It is called SiteSucker.

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/11634/sitesucker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info onlineiq, I can duplicate sites using all manner of tools, this is not the point - when you pay for a services you expect it to be avaliable, when you have built a workflow around that service, if it is no longer avaliable it become a cost which then has to be forwarded on effecting the whole business chain. This is about customer service and the business model of loss aversion. "If you give a monkey an apple he is very happy, if you give a monkey 2 apples then take one off him  he is know very angry." Very poor way to do business.

I also noticed there have been no replies from Adobe to my query yet your query on this string recieved a rather prompt answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JT,

I'm not sure where I read this - I thought it was in a reply to your post - but this function is I believe only temporarily unavailable as a result of some issue which tech are trying to resolve. Sorry I can't remember where I saw this.

May release (R176) - FAQ

new comment by JT200000 View all comments on this document

Thanks for the info onlineiq, I can duplicate sites using all manner of tools, this is not the point - when you pay for a services you expect it to be avaliable, when you have built a workflow around that service, if it is no longer avaliable it become a cost which then has to be forwarded on effecting the whole business chain. This is about customer service and the business model of loss aversion. "If you give a monkey an apple he is very happy, if you give a monkey 2 apples then take one off him he is know very angry." Very poor way to do business.

I also noticed there have been no replies from Adobe to my query yet your query on this string recieved a rather prompt answer.

Reply to this email to respond to JT200000's comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"If you give a monkey an apple he is very happy, if you give a monkey 2 apples then take one off him  he is know very angry."

Very true. However if you take away one apple and replace that apple with a real nice banana, you have a very happy monkey. Consider me a very happy monkey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2012 May 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish the development dashboard had stayed. It was the quickest way to get ftp details per site - this is not replicated under Help and Support - not that I can tell...

Can anyone see it anywhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2012 May 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi onlineq,

The FTP login information can now be found on the support homepage, if you click Help & Support link from the Admin Console when you are logged in. Just go down the page and click on the FTP configuration icon. If you're using Dreamweaver, you can click ont he Dreamweaver icon to get the ftp details.

Cristinel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2012 May 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fantastic! thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2013 Feb 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As for the problem that JT2000 described, it is still impossible to import your own sites to be used with BC, so I guess it is NOT a temporary issue! I am now deciding if I want to try this BC or not, but since the biggest pro of it was that you could import your own sites, without having to build them from zero, I guess I will have to look somewhere else... too bad! Or is the problem fixed in some other way??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines