Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest release (R178) - known issues and FAQ

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2012 Jul 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

==== Known issues (issues investigated or under investigation) ====

1. If you have the content approval enabled for your pages or templates the user who made the update to the page or template will not receive the confirmation once an administrator approves or rejects his changes.

This is what happens in more detail:

-user A makes a change to a webpage that has the content approval options enabled

-all the users in the role set to approve the content will receive a notification via email asking them to review user A's changes

-one of the  users in the approval role approves or rejects the changes

-at this point user A should receive an email informing him the content changes have been approved or rejected, this email is not sent

==== FAQ ====

Q: Why am I prompted to choose a security question?

A: The first time you use your offline password for offline payments you will be prompted to choose a security question. This question and the answer you will choose are to be used to reset your offline password should you forget it.

Q: I can no longer reset an user's password from the Partner Portal.

A: The "Reset password" link from the Partner Portal has been removed because of security implications as it allowed partners to view a user password; to reset an admin user password you can login into the site admin console and use the send password recovery email link from the Admin Users interface.

Q: On the detail view of a grouped product the Facebook comments box remains on "loading" after selecting another group member like so: http://screencasteu.worldsecuresystems.com/Mihai/2012-07-30_1056.png

A: With this release we have introduced social media support for groupped products. In order to correct this issue please see this technote.

==== List of fixed issues ====

1. When trying to "Approve" or "Reject" a workflow step the "An error occurred" error appears.

2. After logging into a secure zone the site visitor is being redirected to /_System/SystemPages/General instead of the secure zone’s landing page - this issue is being investigated and will be addressed today.

3. Some links in email campaigns redirect users to your site's home page rather than the actual URL specificed in your campaign content.

4. When switching between the V2 and V3 Admin console on https:// and open up the payment details panel for an order the system switched to http.

5. In the Admin console the order details are not visible when opening orders from the "Recent items" or from the Live feed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am continually being logged out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent you a PM to investigate this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2012 Jul 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Mihai for your quick response.  The error was totally on my side and I apologize for taking your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries, have a nice day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of this morning we detected a bug in the Admin interface which does not display payment details (credit card numbers) even when an Admin user is logged in to the secure domain on the backend.  Instead, they see the message telling them that they need to be logged into the secure URL before viewing these details (but they see this when they ARE logged into the secure URL).  

This has been replicated in V2 and V3 interface, and is currently affecting this business's ability to reprocess payments on recurring orders where a payment has failed. 

See the following ticket for complete details, screencast showing the problem, and a list of all users affected:  #0183488755

-Devon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have looked into this issue and it appears to be caused by the procol you are using. Even though you are opening yoursite.worldsecuresystems.com the CC details are not shown as the content is delivered unsecurely (even though the worldsecuresystems.com domain is used).

Please try to open https://yoursite.worldsecuresystems.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct - my previous screencast did show me accessing via the incorrect URL.  However, I've made another screencast demonstrating this issue persists even when accessing via the CORRECT url.  Please see ticket #0183488755 for an updated screencast. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the new screencast Devon, the Engineering team is currently investigating the root cause of this issue. It appears to manifest only when opening the order details from the Live feed or from the Recent items list. If you go to the CRM and open up the customer's orders or to the order list and open up the order from there the details are displayed properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2012 Aug 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reset user password is flawed becuase the email address the password reset is sent to can't be edited.  This means that if the reset email address is either inaccessible or no longer active, the password can't be reset. 

This can be quite common since:

- the email addresses are setup when a site is created

- the old email addresses may no longer be needed or used once the new site and its associated emails are created

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2012 Aug 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a real problem for Partners.  In theory, it sounds good like a good idea to handle security this way, but in practice, it is a nightmare.

As Ascend7 points out, this is a circular process when the email is being setup using the site domain name and doesn't exist yet (chicken and egg). 

In more than half the cases, my clients cannot "find" the email--this means we can only setup when we can be in touch with them immediately to check on the email.  In other cases, they demonstrate that they cannot use the link provided.  (I have no idea why--I don't care, I just need their password setup.)

For these reasons, we usually make the password setup email to be sent to us.  Kind of defeats the purpose...  And on a going forward basis, as Ascend7 points out, if the recovery email isn't working any longer---well, that just means more customer frustration and more cases for you all.

If you MUST keep partners from knowing passwords (?) how about a temp password with a routine to make the customer change the first time they login?  Sounds like a lot of work, but there has to be some sort of reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KT, Ascend7,

Thanks for your feedback on this issue.

The change was made due to some security improvements that we need to perform (across the entire product) when it involves passwords.

I will take your suggestions in consideration and i will let you know when/if any changes will happen in this workflow.

Thanks,

Dragos

Product Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2012 Nov 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dragos,

Has anymore consideration been given to the issue about editing the Password retrieval email address?  I feel it is important Admin users somehow have access to change this email address

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Favorites don't seem to be working with Media Downloads. Works fine for other content types. You can 'add' it to your favorites list and you get directed to the confimration system page but the media items won't show up on the customers list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Carol,

This is a known issue, it has been reported prior to this release so it has not been injected in this release. I added a vote to the development ticket (#3012047) opened for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2013 Dec 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The email issue is a MAJOR problem.

1. Partners or users cannot change the recovery password email address. why is this??

2. I as the partner cannot reset the users password...

even if the user logs in, he cant himself change the recovery address from the console.

the only way is to delete the acount and recreating it.

this is very bad because my user will loose all his mails and needs all of them.

Please adobe, add a work flow or at least the option of two recovery addresses and a safety option of sending a notification to the same mail that the password is about to be changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi CrazyeyeProd,

A user can change his recorvery email by logging in the site and going into My Details page.

Cristinel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines