Skip navigation

Currently Being Moderated

CreatePDF Team: FAQ

Dec 4, 2012 10:29 AM

This document is for subscribers to CreatePDF Team. To view the FAQ regarding CreatePDF for individual subscribers, please click here.

If you would like to manage your existing CreatePDF Team account, please click here.

Attention all CreatePDF Team subscribers: Beginning January 15, 2014, the Team administration feature for Adobe® CreatePDF (now Adobe® PDF Pack) will no longer be available, and all seats in existing Team subscriptions to the CreatePDF service will be converted to individual subscriptions. Full functionality of Adobe® PDF Pack will still be accessible to your team on an individual basis. Please read on for more details and FAQ about this change.

Discontinuation of Team accounts FAQ

Why is Adobe discontinuing CreatePDF Team functionality?

What happens to existing Team subscriptions?

What is the difference between the team subscription and individual subscription?

Do I need to do anything to update my subscription?

I just recently purchased a CreatePDF Team subscription. What are my options now?

What if I want to add seats to an existing subscription?

Will CreatePDF still be sold on Adobe.com?

What subscription options are available for CreatePDF?

What happens to all the files I've created? Will I still have access to my online archives?

If I migrate to an individual PDF Pack subscription, can all my existing documents be migrated over too?

Overview

What is CreatePDF Team?

What is the difference between CreatePDF and CreatePDF Team?

What are the different roles in CreatePDF Team?

What is the team administration page?

How do I access the team administration page?

For the Team Buyer

How do I manage my team once we've bought a subscription?

How do I add a new member to my CreatePDF Team?

What will a new team member see when I invite him to the team?

What is an administrator? Can a normal team member become an administrator?

How can I remove a member from my team?

For the Team Member

I was invited to CreatePDF Team. What is it and how do I get started?

Can I use the administration page if I'm only a team member?

Can my team members see my personal information?

How do I remove myself from the team? What happens to my account when I leave?

Discontinuation of Team accounts FAQ

Why is Adobe discontinuing CreatePDF Team functionality?

The application we currently use to support the team functionality will no longer be available internally. Adobe will evaluate if a suitable replacement will be available in the future, but we can offer no definitive statements regarding when that might be.

What happens to existing Team subscriptions?

Adobe will transition all team subscriptions to individual Adobe® PDF Pack subscriptions; this means that your team members should notice no difference in functionality when they use PDF Pack.

What is the difference between the team subscription and individual subscription?

The same functionality that you and your coworkers have been using with the Team subscription is still available with the individual subscriptions. However, the ability to manage users within a team and assign seats to users will be discontinued.

Do I need to do anything to update my subscription?

All current Adobe IDs assigned to a team subscription (that is, anyone who is currently part of a managed team) will be transitioned to a complimentary individual account. Timing will be communicated directly to the subscriber via email.

I just recently purchased a CreatePDF Team subscription. What are my options now?

Adobe will convert all existing seats from the Team subscription to individual subscriptions. This will happen automatically for all existing seats as of January 15, 2014.

What if I want to add seats to an existing subscription?

Since there will no longer be any way to manage a team of people, it is no longer possible to add seats; to grant more of your team members access to CreatePDF/Adobe® PDF Pack, please purchase individual subscriptions for those users from the Adobe® PDF Pack pricing page.

Will CreatePDF still be sold on Adobe.com?

CreatePDF is now called Adobe® PDF Pack, and is still available for individual subscriptions. To subscribe at the individual level or for more information about the service, please visit the PDF Pack site.

What subscription options are available for Adobe® PDF Pack?

Adobe® PDF Pack can be purchased as a monthly subscription or as an annual subscription. Both subscriptions allow you to create unlimited PDF files, convert PDF files to Microsoft Word, Excel, or Powerpoint, and print to PDF. Please see the PDF Pack pricing page for more information.

What happens to all the files I've created? Will I still have access to my online archives?

Any existing documents will continue to be stored in the account of the Adobe ID that originally created them. We will not remove any documents you have stored in your account(s).

If I migrate to an individual PDF Pack subscription, can all my existing documents be migrated over too?

The migration of your existing Team subscription to an individual subscription will all happen on the back-end; we've got you covered. All documents currently associated with an Adobe ID will remain with that ID, so you don't need to take any further action to make sure your information comes along with you when your subscription is transitioned to an individual one.

Overview

What is CreatePDF Team?

CreatePDF Team is an online service for workgroups that lets users convert documents and image files to high quality PDF files, combine multiple files into a single PDF, or export existing PDF files to editable Microsoft Word or Excel formats.

What is the difference between CreatePDF and CreatePDF Team?

Both CreatePDF and CreatePDF Team offer the same functionality of creating PDF files, combining PDF files, exporting PDF files, and printing to convert a file to PDF. However, CreatePDF Team is unique in that the buyer purchases multiple subscriptions in one transaction. For example, the buyer purchases a pack of 5, 10, 25 or 50 subscriptions. CreatePDF Team offers the buyer a volume discount and unique functionality in managing his team of users.

What are the different roles in CreatePDF Team?

The buyer is the user who purchases CreatePDF Team in the Adobe Store. The buyer can then invite members to join CreatePDF Team just by entering their email addresses on the team administration page (see how to add new members here). The buyer can add and remove members to CreatePDF Team during the duration of the subscription. The buyer can also promote any member to the role of administrator, and then that administrator too can add and remove members.

What is the team administration page?

The team administration page is a unique page only available to a user who is part of CreatePDF Team. For the team buyer or the team administrator (if the buyer grants others an administrative role), the team administration page provides the ability to add or remove members. It also provides the ability to promote a member to an administrator. For a team member, the team administration page provides the ability for the member to remove him/herself from the team.

How do I access the team administration page?

The team administration page can be accessed from within the CreatePDF web application. After logging into CreatePDF Team, choose "Manage My Team" within the Account menu in the upper right corner of the screen. UPDATE: The team admin page can no longer be accessed from within the CreatePDF application. Please use the link at the top of this page if you need to make changes to your team before the admin tool is retired on January 15, 2014.

You can also sign into the team administration page directly right here.

Only a user who is a member of a CreatePDF Team (either a team buyer, administrator or member) will be able to successfully log onto the team administration page.

For the Team Buyer

TIP: Did you know that as a buyer, you are granted a free seat with your team's subscription? If you buy a 5-pack, you'll be able to access and use the CreatePDF service and still have 5 subscriptions to delegate!

How do I manage my team once we've bought a subscription?

CreatePDF Team offers a unique feature called the team administration page located in the "My Account" menu. This menu is in the upper right toolbar of the CreatePDF home screen. You can also sign into the team administration page directly by clicking here.

Anyone within a team has access to this team administration page. For the buyer or administrator, this team administration page is the place to add or remove members or promote a member to administrator. For a member, this team administration page is the place to remove him/herself from the team.

How do I add a new member to my CreatePDF Team?

The primary role of the team administration page is to allow you to manage your team members. To add a new team member, do the following:

1. Click the "Add" button.
  2. Enter the member's email address. To add multiple new team members at once, just separate their email addresses with either a comma or a semicolon. You may also copy and paste the email addresses from another document.
  3. CPDF_INVITE.jpeg

4. Indicate if you would like those members to also be team administrators. As the team administrator, you can change the role of your team members at any time. (More on team administrators below.)
  5. Click "Add".

You will see a confirmation that those members have been added. Upon closing the confirmation dialog, you will be returned to the team administration page. You will now see on the page's title bar that the number of seats (or subscriptions) available in your team pack to delegate has been reduced by the number of team members you've just invited. You will also see all of the newly invited members' email addresses in your list of members with an "Invited" status. Once they accept your invitation and sign into the service, that status will change.

CPDF_SENT.jpeg

What will a new team member see when I invite him to the team?

The newly invited member will receive an email message to CreatePDF Team with a link to follow for further sign-up instructions.

Screen Shot 2013-05-16 at 5.14.23 PM.png

The member will click on the link and then sign into CreatePDF Team with an Adobe ID. He may already have an Adobe ID that he wishes to use, or he can create a new free Adobe ID. Once the member signs into CreatePDF Team using his Adobe ID, he has accepted the invitation. The buyer will now see that member's invitation status change from "Invited" to "Accepted" on the team administration page.

The invitation link will be valid for approximately 28 days after the invitation email was sent. If the member doesn't accept the invitation in that time, the invitation link will expire and a new invitation email will need to be sent.

What is an administrator? Can a normal team member become an administrator?

An administrator is a member whose role has been elevated by the buyer or another administrator. The administrator can add new members, remove members and change a member's role. In order to make a team member into an administrator, please do the following:

1. Select the check box to the left of that member's name. To change the role for multiple users at once, select multiple check boxes.
  2. From the buttons on the top, choose "Change Role".
  3. CPDF_SELECT.jpeg

4. Select the "Administrator" radio button and click OK.That member is now an administrator. On the team administration page, you will see his role change from "member" to "administrator".

CPDF_ROLE.jpeg

How can I remove a member from my team?

In order to remove a member from your team, please do the following:

1. Select the check box to the left of that member's name.
  2. Choose "Remove".
  3. On confirmation screen, choose "OK".

That member has now been removed from your team. You will no longer see that member on your team administration page. You will also see on the page's title bar that the number of seats (or subscriptions) available in your team pack has been increased by one.

Please note that the removed member can continue to log into the CreatePDF service; however, his access will be set to the individual free level.

For the Team Member

I was invited to CreatePDF Team. What is it and how do I get started?

CreatePDF Team is an online service which allows you to create PDF files, convert PDF files to Word or Excel, as well as combine multiple files into a single PDF. You will be invited to use the CreatePDF Team service by a team buyer, usually a colleague within your organization who will send you an email invitation. You then just need to click on the invitation link in the email, sign in with a free Adobe ID (or create an Adobe ID if you don't have one) and start creating PDF files with your new service!

Can I use the administration page if I'm only a team member?

Yes, for two purposes: The team administration page allows you to see the other people who are part of the CreatePDF team, and also allows you to remove yourself from the team if you'd like.

Can my team members see my personal information?

Other team members will be able to see your name, email address, and whether or not you've accepted the invitation to the team. However, any further information or work you do within the CreatePDF service, including any conversions you complete or any documents you store, will be accessible only to you.

How do I remove myself from the team? What happens to my account when I leave?

At any time, you can sign into the team administration page and elect to remove yourself from the team. The team administration page can be accessed from within the CreatePDF service by logging into CreatePDF and choosing "My Team" within the Account menu in the upper right corner of the screen. You can also sign into the team administration page directly by clicking here.

You will still have a valid Adobe ID and you can continue to log into the CreatePDF service. However, your access will now be set to it's level prior to joining the team (or "free" if you didn't have a subscription prior to joining the team).

Comments (0)