Using Go to Page
(click the image above to enlarge)
- Tap/click the page number indicator in the lower left.
- Type a new page number.
- Press the Enter key on the keyboard to jump to the specified page or tap/click away to stay on the current page.
If you enter a page number that is out of range, the background will turn red.
Using Semantic Zoom
There is a little known Windows 8 feature called "Semantic Zoom".
Adobe Reader Touch supports Semantic Zoom for document navigation. To use Semantic Zoom, go to the application window displaying a PDF document.
- For a Touch-enabled device - Pinch (move your two fingers toward each other).
- Using mouse & keyboard - Hold down the Ctrl key and scroll the mouse wheel down.
- Using keyboard only - Hold down the Ctrl key and press the Minus ('-') key.
- Using mouse only - Click the Minus ('-') button in the lower right corner of the document window.
until you see the page thumbnail view. Then, you can tap/click the page that you want to go to.
(Click the image above to enlarge)
A PDF document containing a large number of pages typically has bookmarks (added by the author of the document).
- Bring up the toolbars by swiping from the top/bottom edge or right-clicking with a mouse.
- Tap/click the Bookmarks button in the top toolbar to open the Bookmarks pane.
- Tap/click a chapter/section label to jump to the corresponding page.