• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't stop Adobe Flash Player pop up

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2008 Dec 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long story short: all of the sudden videos on youtube won't play & some other webpages have display problems in Firefox (ok in IE) so I try to download Adobe Flash Player but my OS (Windows Me) isn't supported so could not install.
Problem is it won't install yet anytime I'm on a webpage using IE (not in Firefox) I constantly get the Adobe Flash Player Active X Setup pop up saying "You are trying to install A F P Active X on an unsupported operating system" and I'm forced to click OK to get rid of it & it tries to go through the unpacking routine.
I've tried everything to get rid of this piece of crap & nothing has worked. (BTW - youtube videos STILL won't play in Firefox either!)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2008 Dec 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 20, 2009 Mar 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE HELP. How can I stop the pop-up which asks me to
Download Adobe FlashPlayer. It is most annoying. I DO NOT want to download it --but the message still keeps pops up all the time.

PLEASE SUGGEST A REMEDy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 23, 2009 Mar 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I'm not a tech person or anything and hopefully Gary will respond to your inquiry. All I can tell you is I had the same problem for two weeks and I tried everything, including uninstalling and reinstalling FP10 etc. I also went on a bug hunt. Bottom line after all that aggravation I had to do a complete system restore because when I tried to download FP10 something was corrupted. Wait for Gary to respond before you try anything this drastic. Believe me I completely sympathize with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines