• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player won't install

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2008 Dec 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using IE, and Firefox. Every time i try to install Flash player ( http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/)
i get this message
"Failed to install. For troubleshooting tips, please see http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_19166"
I've gone through all the steps. I keep getting the same problem. What can I do to fix it?
running vista 64 OS
Any help would be appreciated..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2008 Dec 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same problem (frustration) as well using WIndows XP Pro on a Dell D820. I've removed virus protection, pop up blockers and still getting the same messages that Flash Player 10 won't install (not getting the Active X popup). Version 9 worked/installed fine but it seems I can't reload V9 anymore either.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2008 Dec 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had adobe 8 and received a message to up-date to 10.0. i followed steps, would not update and lost 8. i uninstalled using /go/tn_19166 and reinstalled 8 with /go/tn_14157. now i can view some items and get radio back but, there are now some items i can't view i could before? what is a reg. error? is there anyone out there having any success?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2008 Dec 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DJ, i completely uninstalled, then clicked a link on youtube to update flash in firefox, still not the newest verison, and some stuff like XM radio doesn't display correctly (can't change sound) but youtube vids will work on firefox. No such luck on IE. Any attempt results in same problem posted above... =/
firefox
run http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_14157&sliceId=1 to completly remove then, go to like youtube they have a download that will get it working...

Just wish i could get everything working on IE. I can't watch netflix watch now T_T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same problems as everyone else stop background programs the use flash.uninstall with tool done the reset zip tool with microsoft program together.DONE what that hyper link has suggested and still here i am .until the issue is cleared up and i have gotten some help from adobe im running firefox ....SO HELPPPPPPP PLEASE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing? Any help would be really helpful.
If it helps at all i recently reinstalled CS3, i actually tried a complete uninstall then tried to install flash player, to no success.
please help! i want to use youtubes T_T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2008 Dec 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frustrated_Frank-
You'll have to run your IE7 in 32bit for FP to install/work. Adobe FP is not available for 64bit browsers yet.
See the thread "32 bit browser on 64 bit Windows 2008 Server" for relevant info, it's currently on page 2.
Also if you run a search on this forum, like "Vista 64 bit" you'll find some relevant threads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2008 Dec 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: Gary Goldblum
Hi Frustrated_Frank-
You'll have to run your IE7 in 32bit for FP to install/work. Adobe FP is not available for 64bit browsers yet.
See the thread "32 bit browser on 64 bit Windows 2008 Server" for relevant info, it's currently on page 2.
Also if you run a search on this forum, like "Vista 64 bit" you'll find some relevant threads.

Thank you Gary for the help.
I should have included that i was using the 32bit browser.
This solution,
http://www.thetechangel.com/blogberry/2007/02/flash-player-and-windows-vista-fix/
isn't relevant as the first step given in the trouble shooting tips of http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_19166
is to Uninstall previous versions of flash player. So i don't have a macro folder in my system32.

I did check the thread you guided me to page two as you said.
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=184&threadid=1401765&STARTPAGE=2&...

Unfortunately for me i cannot install older versions of flash either. I get the same error.
"Failed to install. For troubleshooting tips, please see http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_19166"
I've disabled everything there is to disable on IE, nothing is working =/ I'm running everything as administrator.
I've downloaded older versions nothing =/

Am i doing something wrong? would really like to fix this problem.
I hope anyone with other problems might be helped with some other info here lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2008 Dec 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is why you can't install it
yr browser have to allow pop-ups in order flash to be installed - they are disabled by default in all browsers
BEST WAY TO DOWNLOAD FLASH
go to http://www.filehippo.com and download it from there
file hippo is the only download web site that does not require yr pop-ups to be enabled and while you are there check top right side and download small application that will tell you if yr software is up-to-date - you can up-to-date all yr software right from there free of charge
hope i helped
this helped to some who were unable to install flash - i gave them this answer in yahoo answers and it helped but really do not know if they had 32- or 64-bit windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2008 Dec 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: wwwpirate
here is why you can't install it
yr browser have to allow pop-ups in order flash to be installed - they are disabled by default in all browsers
BEST WAY TO DOWNLOAD FLASH
go to http://www.filehippo.com and download it from there
file hippo is the only download web site that does not require yr pop-ups to be enabled and while you are there check top right side and download small application that will tell you if yr software is up-to-date - you can up-to-date all yr software right from there free of charge
hope i helped
this helped to some who were unable to install flash - i gave them this answer in yahoo answers and it helped but really do not know if they had 32- or 64-bit windows

Doesn't work, and isn't relevant in anyway at all. It's just a website that uploaded the same file that's available on adobe.com I get the same error. Pop-up blockers have nothing to do with listed problem. Also i've disabled everything, pop-ups, phishing filters, plug-ins.

I get the same error at the same point of installation. It stops installing at C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash10a.ocx

Any answers would be great. Again let me repeat my problem.
I get the same error no matter what flash player version I try to install
I've done all the steps on that troubleshooting website twice over now. Ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2008 Dec 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frustrated Frank-
So you've made sure that your AV/IS or Windows Defender isn't blocking this? There have been Kapersky IS problems.
Verified in IE Tools/Internet Options/Security/Custom Level/ActiveX that "Run ActiveX plugins" is enabled?
On the same page that the error refers you to (tn_19166), down near the bottom is an executable zip file: Install_Flash_Player_10_Activex.zip. Have you tried that? It's worked for some.
Look at this (from forums.techarena.in) http://www.softwarepatch.com/network-security/flashdownload-security
try it if you wish, claims to fix the download issues(?).
Cnet and filehippo just link back to Adobe.com, but are faster.
I'm trying to remember/locate the link to the FULL version of FP10 (8MB). Haven't found it yet (sorry).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2008 Dec 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The publisher has been blocked from running programs on your machine". Are you getting this message when you try to open the
Adobe uninstaller or when trying to open the standalone installer for Flash Player 10?

You are getting this message because for some unknown reason Adobe Systems Incorporated is getting listed in the untrusted publishers
tab in IE7. I looked at the installation file and it says the security certificate was revoked on Dec 10, 2008 which may be causing
this issue, however, whatever the reason that it is being listed there, can be solved.

In Internet Explorer:

1. Click on tools
2. click on internet options
3. Click on the Content tab
4. Click on the Certificates tab
5. Click on the Untrusted Publishers tab
6. If you see Adobe Systems Incorporated listed there, highlight it and then click on Remove.

You should now be able to use the adobe uninstaller program to remove any previous versions of Flash Player
and install the newer version of Flash player. I am running Vista with IE7. This may also work for Windows XP
IE7 if you are having the same problem but I have not tried this remedy on that since I haven't experienced that on
my other computer that runs Windows XP. And for what it's worth, Flash Player 10 works great. Also, if you tried to
find help in the Windows help files on how to do this, you have wasted your time. Microsoft's help files are no help
at all on this issue as they don't give any specific information on how to unblock a publisher. I hope helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2008 Dec 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The www.filehippo.com worked for me, but only by installing Flash Player 9. Flash Player 10 failed at "Registering: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash10a.ocx" on our sons' computer. It is running IE7 on XP Home. FileHippo.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2009 Jan 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am haveing the same problem as "Frustrated_Frank". I have tried all the suggestions provided here to no avail. Problem just started when I went to a website and it said I needed the new version to view the site. From there all hell broke loose. Now I can't view anything as it had me uninstall the older version. I get the same "Failed to install. For troubleshooting tips, please see http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_19166".
Any new suggestions??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2009 Jan 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you uninstall a program from windows xp or vista, there are files leftover in the registry. Windows XP always did have a problem removing every single file when a program is uninstalled,especially when files are written to the registry. It never fails, no matter what program I decide to uninstall from my computer, it's guaranteed every time that I will find leftovers. Vista seems to do a better job at removing software programs but it too has the same problem. That being said, when you uninstall a program, especially one that also wrote files to the registry when you first installed it, you can be sure that those files left in the registry will cause problems for the new installation. Make sure all files of the old flash player are removed, including the ones in the registry before installing the new one. With Vista, no matter how clean your system is if the publisher's security certificate is revoked, Vista WILL NOT install that software until it has a valid security certificate or until you remove it from the untrusted publishers list in IE7. That may not be your problem but it is worth double checking. Also, adobe flash player needs certain system files (files that are part of Windows) to be present or the install will go all to hell. Once the old Flash Player is uninstalled and your system is totally clean of it, go to Windows update and make sure IE6 or IE7, whatever one you have, is totally updated and any other windows components are updated. That may or may not solve your problem but it is one less possibility to get out of the way of what could be causing your problem. I will tell you this one thing for sure. On a clean Windows install, XP or Vista, I have never experienced a problem installing flash player. Either something is missing or something is in your system that should not be there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 02, 2009 Jan 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I have had mine fixed! As stated in the error message when you visit that page it is a registry problem. I am not savy enough to fix it myself so I had our office tech look at the error message. He had it fixed in a few minutes. He had to go to the Microsoft website and downloaded the "fix" mentioned here "Failed to install. For troubleshooting tips, please see http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_19166" . He repaired the registry and then downloaded from Adobe a "manual downloader" and manually loaded the latest version of flash. Don't know if the manual download was necessary but he used it anyway.
Hope this helps others. Thanks very mush for all the information submitted here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2012 Mar 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2009 Jan 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to do a reload after getting hit with vundo virus. Trying to reinstall works 2006 but am getting Macromedia Flash Player 7 "INF install failure Reason: Unknown" Any ideas????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2009 Jul 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am unable to install adobe flash player automatically in my Mozilla forefox

it is prompting me to do it manually. please tell me how to fix this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2009 Jul 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Download http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player.exe
  2. close Firefox
  3. install it

Message was edited by: Pat Willener

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2009 Aug 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this flash player sucks trying to download for days

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2009 Aug 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

running xp home, IE, tried over and over to install flash player and the Adobe download manager wants my proxy settings...have tried to type correct settings in and tried to hit the "no proxy" button and both attempts give me stalls at 0.0% and same message from download manager..."can't retrieve essential parameter (16236.301.375)...i have called my internet provider and technician has not heard of that before...we pinged...i have great connection...and NO PROXY...what the @#%^ is the deal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2009 Aug 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

resolved this issue by searching through forums...go to Adobe download flash player site and startt the download and click on the link further down the page for if the install does not start...do not click on the bar at the top of the page...it appears to be a older school download where you run or save to computer and start steps that way...i have finally got Flash Player!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2009 Oct 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of these methods worked for me.  Forget the work-arounds!  Just uninstall Flash Player and install Shockwave Player!  This did the trick for me!  No more missing items on webpages and no more prompts to download Flash Player, which means no more freezes on the install.  Our IT guy said Shockwave Player is the newest version of FlashPlayer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2009 Oct 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player and Shockwave Player are not the same!  Some sites need Flash Player, some sites need Shockwave Player, and some sites need both.

Uninstalling Flash Player will not do you any good on sites where it's required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines