• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error when accessing Java and JVM section

Participant ,
Feb 06, 2009 Feb 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the following error when accessing the Java and JVM section of the CF Administrator:
"Element JDKPATH is undefined in FORM"

I've searched a lot and there's very little on the topic. On this forum there are two posts and one got no answer, on the other it was suggested it might be the jvm.config file. I've looked at mine but I really have no idea what could be wrong. Also, there are two jvm.config files in my install, one in jrun4/bin and another in jrun4/servers/cfusion/cfusion-ear/cfusion-war/WEB-INF/cfusion/runtime/bin folder (I did multiserver installation).

I've already tried a bunch of things and no luck, any help is appreciated on this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 11, 2009 Feb 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're going to want to tinker with the one in jrun4/bin. I recommend making your own and then setting up a service using jrunsvc.

What is your path? Make sure you're using forward slashes.

ie: d:/java/jdk1.6.0_12/bin/blah/blah/blah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 11, 2009 Feb 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: ke4pym
What is your path? Make sure you're using forward slashes.

ie: d:/java/jdk1.6.0_12/bin/blah/blah/blah

What path are your referring to? My actual PATH environment variable? Or are you referring to something else. Btw, here's what my config file looks like right now.

#
# VM configuration
#
# Where to find JVM, if {java.home}/jre exists then that JVM is used
# if not then it must be the path to the JRE itself
java.home=C:/JRun4/jre
#
# If no java.home is specified a VM is located by looking in these places in this
# order:
#
# 1) bin directory for java.dll (windows) or lib/<ARCH>/libjava.so (unix)
# 2) ../jre
# 3) registry (windows only)
# 4) JAVA_HOME env var plus jre (ie $JAVA_HOME/jre)
#

# Arguments to VM
java.args=-server -Xmx512m -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false -XX:MaxPermSize=192m -XX:+UseParallelGC -Dcoldfusion.rootDir={application.home}/

#
# commas will be converted to platform specific separator and the result will be passed
# as -Djava.ext.dirs= to the VM
java.ext.dirs={jre.home}/lib/ext

#
# where to find shared libraries
java.library.path={application.home}/servers/cfusion/cfusion-ear/cfusion-war/WEB-INF/cfusion/lib,{application.home}/servers/cfusion/cfusion-ear/cfusion-war/WEB-INF/cfusion/jintegra/bin,{application.home}/servers/cfusion/cfusion-ear/cfusion-war/WEB-INF/cfusion/jintegra/bin/international
system.path.first=false

#
# set the current working directory - useful for Windows to control
# the default search path used when loading DLLs since it comes
# before system directory, windows directory and PATH
java.user.dir={application.home}/../lib

# JVM classpath
java.class.path={application.home}/servers/lib,{application.home}/lib

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 12, 2009 Feb 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After thinking about it for a minute ... in order for you to do a multi-instance install, you have to have CF enterprise. But, in CF enterprise the Java and JVM sections don't exist. Those are usually found in a CF standard install.

Are you sure your /cfide folder is correct and didn't get copied from a standard install?

What URL do you use to access the administrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 12, 2009 Feb 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
quote:

Originally posted by: ke4pym
After thinking about it for a minute ... in order for you to do a multi-instance install, you have to have CF enterprise. But, in CF enterprise the Java and JVM sections don't exist. Those are usually found in a CF standard install.

Are you sure your /cfide folder is correct and didn't get copied from a standard install?

What URL do you use to access the administrator?

Actually, this is in my Dev environment, so it's CF Developer edition. This was a clean install on a new machine. CF Admin is at localhost/cfide/administrator . The thing is, if you say the section shouldn't exist, then great. I was working on something with Java and was thinking I might end up needing it. If, however, it shouldn't be there in the first place, then I guess I won't be needing it. Can you confirm, then, that this section isn't available in multi-instance install?

Thanks again for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation