Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

ADDT Locks up DW CS3

Jun 3, 2007 9:15 AM

ADDT was working fine, then today when I try to use any part of it the wizards simply comes up and say "loading..." and then lock up DW solid.

I tried disabling it (took about 45min!), removed it and reinstalled. Still having the same probelm.

I'd apreciate any help with this. At the moment it is totally useless to me.

Thanks,
Richard

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 4, 2007 10:28 AM   in reply to (Richard_Goldstein)
    Hi Richard

I had this problem as well about a week ago. I removed the ADDT and re-installed it. Then I removed and re-installed Dreamweaver. Of course then re-booted. It has worked ever since. I can't tell you what corrected specifically but those are the steps I took.

I think this software was released prematurely to coincide with CS3 releases and it just wasn't ready. No tutorials that tell me much as a novice and no documentation to speak of.

Good Luck

Joe

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 4, 2007 1:28 PM   in reply to (Richard_Goldstein)
    I have web standard suite but I was able to remove dw by itself.
    If you click on the ADD/Remove listing > CS3 suite, I believe it opens up inside to reveal a list of the items that you choose from to remove

Joe

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 4, 2007 11:53 PM   in reply to (Richard_Goldstein)
    Hi again,

It has been working fine regarding freezing up. I have had other issues with it when trying the "Contract Management" tutorial on Adobe's DW Developer Center. I can't tell whether it is my inexperience with the application or the application itself. Documentation and assistance are sparse. I still think Adobe was scheduled to come out with The CS3 series, they then acquired original company that made ADDT and rushed to get it to market with CS3. In the process, they didn't have time to get it completely bug proof. I have written Adobe saying just what I said above. From reading alot of the forum issues with ADDT, I think others are frustrated with it as well.

I have given up on it at present since I just have the trial version. There is another similar product by WEBASSIST. Do you know anything about it?

Glad I could help on the freezing thing.

Joe

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 10, 2007 6:18 AM   in reply to (Richard_Goldstein)
    Bad news folks. It happened again. ADDT is effectively disables. No way I'm going through that process again.

ADOBE - WHeRE THE HECK ARE YOU? ADDT is useless now. We ned support.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 10, 2007 11:06 PM   in reply to (Richard_Goldstein)
    Hello,

This behavior could indicate that there is a problem with the communication to the database, and it just waits for an answer to test this, you should try to create a blank page, and in that a simple recordset. Does this problem reproduces?

Also, you should try to delete the cache file. For information on this, please read this technote http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_19105&sl iceId=1#dat
    The information is found in the 4th step of the "Troubleshooting steps" section.

Regards,
    Razvan RACASANU

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2007 2:44 AM   in reply to (Richard_Goldstein)
    Razvan,

I had tried inserting a recordset on the page 1st and did it again after deleting the cache file as you suggested. However the problem persists.

Thanks very much for the suggestions though.

I welcome anything else you can think of.

Best Regards,
    Richard

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2007 3:52 AM   in reply to (Richard_Goldstein)
    Hello Richard,

Razvan was asking to make a test with a Recordset on a new page in order to see if the problem still occurs for standard Dreamweaver behaviors (like Recordset).

So as you say this occurs again, the problem may indeed be related to a database access restriction. Your database may be locked for some reason so Dreamweaver cannot connect to it.

Try testing your database connection by opening the database connection window and using the "Test" button.

Regards,
    Ionut

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2007 1:52 PM   in reply to (Richard_Goldstein)
    Hello Ionut,

The connection was fine as I had created the recordset through the server behaviors panel.

Lo and behold however, I just went back in to try this again and now it is working. Not sure what to make of that. But further deletions of the WinFileCache-AD76BB20.dat file may have helped.

Hopefully everything will keep working.

Thanks very much,
    Richard

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2007 3:31 PM   in reply to (Richard_Goldstein)
    I had the exact same problem. Every time I clicked on either the login wizard or the registration wizard, it froze dreamweaver. After 30 minutes on the phone with Adobe tech support. I finally got my answer. It was the testing server that was causing DW to freeze. I had to specify a testing site/folder that was different from my local site. After doing that, I can use all of the ADDT extensions without DW freezing. I hope this helps someone!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2007 3:48 PM   in reply to (Richard_Goldstein)
    Sandra,

Thanks so much for sharing this!! I'll give it a shot tomorrow. Hopefully this will fix it for me also.

All the best!
    Richard

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2007 4:35 PM   in reply to (Richard_Goldstein)
    Richard, this is what I've done, for example.

My local site is at C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Lot26Botanics\; my testing server is C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Lot26BotanicsTESTINGSERVER\.

After so much frustration, this worked for me. I hope it works for you!

Sandy

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 2, 2007 7:47 AM   in reply to (Richard_Goldstein)
    Update ... it stopped working again. I have gone in and made a separate local folder from my testing folder - exactly what the engineer had me do over the phone, and it's completely locking up again. Adobe ... where are you and why are you not monitoring this forum? This is ridiculous!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 29, 2007 9:07 AM   in reply to (Richard_Goldstein)
    Hello, I am now experiencing the same problem - I thought that it may have to do with having Contribute enabled on my site, but I am not so sure. I have several sites all hosted on the same hosting company and I am having a problem with currently just 1 site locking up when I try the INSERT WIZARD so, potentially it is a database connection however, the LIST WIZARD works without any problem so that doesn't make sense to me as to why this not work.
    <<>>
    I even tried the site in Dreamweaver 8 with the old InterAkt product and it is doing the same thing there.
    <<>>
    ADOBE: if this is a database connection problem - what do I need to say to communicate with the tech's at the hosting company to see if we can resolve this issue. Someone mentioned the cost of this product and the lack of support, what about the $$$ we are loosing spending time on this issue and not completing our projects in a timely manner. PLEASE HELP!
    <<>>
    Thank you, Joe

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 29, 2007 1:17 PM   in reply to (Richard_Goldstein)
    Hi Joe,

personally I can´t help you with this, as I´m a PHP guy and rather keep an eye on the other ADDT forums -- however it seems that this issue isn´t even related to ADDT at all, so I can only recommend to post this question on the regular Dreamweaver Application Development forums in order to get heard by notably more folks.

-------
    Someone mentioned the cost of this product and the lack of support
    -------

and here comes my usual mantra :-) *All* Adobe forums are user-to-user and are usually not monitored by by the Adobe staff at all -- so whatever you´ll be posting on the Dreamweaver Application Development forums, better exclude the "cost of this product and the lack of support" complaints, as you´ll not be addressing any Adobe staff also there.

Cheers,
    Günter Schenk
    Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 29, 2007 1:44 PM   in reply to (Richard_Goldstein)
    Thanks Gunter -

This problem is actually with PHP and MySQL the weird thing is it works on all of the other sites I found that forum through a Google search.

Anyway, I got to: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/categories.cfm?forumid=1 2&catid=263&entercat=y

And it keep telling me to do a nickname to post a new topic and no mater what I type in it says that nickname is taken and will not let me post.

<<>>
    I had the hosting company move the database over to a database server that works with other sites and I am still getting the same problem I wonder if it could be something weird with the database table itself.

<<>>
    Anyway, thanks for getting back to me.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 29, 2007 3:34 PM   in reply to (Richard_Goldstein)
    Hi Joe,

if this happens on one site, but not on others, it might well be that your host is using a different Apache/PHP configuration for whatever reason -- would it be possible to compare the configuration of one of your "working" sites with the new one and find out what makes it different ? Those details are usually displayed when creating a blank php page in e.g. the server root that´s just containing the line:

Cheers,
    Günter Schenk

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 29, 2007 4:02 PM   in reply to (Richard_Goldstein)
    This isn't just a PHP or ASP issue. It happens with ColdFusion, too. After about four or five conversations with Adobe, I finally have it working on my laptop. I have no idea why it's now working, but it's working now. It is definitely worth a call to Adobe. I think the toolbox is very touchy and pretty buggy, but when it does work, it's great. I had to remove it from my PC because it wasn't working at all, but it's been fine (knock on wood) on my laptop for about a month now. However, the only sites that it works with are sites that don't use any other third party extensions. Good luck and I sure wish they'd get the bugs out...

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2007 3:12 AM   in reply to (Richard_Goldstein)
    Hi Sandra,

to me it seems that Joe´s issue is rather related to something not working well on the remote side, means on the host´s server

-------
    However, the only sites that it works with are sites that don't use any other third party extensions
    -------

one never really knows if whatever extension might be messing things up in Dreamweaver or not. Depending on what 3rd party extension you´re using, it might be just that particular one that´s e.g. overwriting some DW "system" files and hence cause other extensions to behave buggy.

I don´t mean to be defensive towards ADDT in general, but if you say it´s working, any issues you were facing must have been related to "external" reasons.

However, I can only recommend to always create a backup of the current DW configuration folder (Documents and Settings / username / Application Data / Adobe / Dreamweaver 9 / Configuration) by renaming it to e.g. "Configuration_old" before installing any possibly dubious 3rd party extension. Dreamweaver will be recreating the "Configuration" folder incl. all current site & extension related settings the next time it´s started, but in case things go wrong after installing a new extension, you have at least a backup of the previous configuration at hand.

Personally I have been using ADDT only in conjunction with a few high-class and (guess this will make a difference) "approved by Adobe" extensions and never faced any issue

Cheers,
    Günter Schenk

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2007 5:37 AM   in reply to (Richard_Goldstein)
    Hi Günter - I ran this:

on the new site and the one not working - but I am unsure what I should be looking at - I do see the new site is PHP Version 5.1.6 and the other is PHP Version 4.3.9
    <<>>
    Is it safe to post the link to the pages here so perhaps you can look to see if you see something since I am not sure what I am looking for?
    <<>>
    I am sorry to burden you with this.
    Thank you,
    Joe

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2007 6:26 AM   in reply to (Richard_Goldstein)
    Hi Joe,

-----
    I do see the new site is PHP Version 5.1.6 and the other is PHP Version 4.3.9
    -----

that shouldn´t make any difference to ADDT, because it´s compatible with PHP 5.x anyway, and I have it running on version 5.2 just fine

------
    Is it safe to post the link to the pages here so perhaps you can look to see if you see something since I am not sure what I am looking for?
    ------

better don´t post links to pages showing a server´s PHP configuration, because other users could see that as well, and when someone´s a bad guy he would see all the information he needs for hacking the site or the server.

------
    I am sorry to burden you with this
    ------

no problem, that´s what I´m here for ;-) Too bad that your PHP related issue has been posted to the ADDT ColdFusion forum which of course isn´t read by ADDT users running the PHP_MySQL server model -- we can´t remedy this now, but I think it´s better if we´d stop discussing this here.

My suggestion :: please start a new thread in the ADDT "PHP_MYSQL" forum, and please try to describe your issues as detailed as possible so that other users who might have stumbled across the same stuff can be of help too.

Cheers,
    Günter Schenk

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2007 6:55 AM   in reply to (Richard_Goldstein)
    Thanks again Günter - I have posted a new thread here: http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3c057464

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2008 3:14 AM   in reply to (Richard_Goldstein)
    Hey all...
    This is a big problem...
    I'm having the same problem.

BUT... My recorsets and all works fine.
    The only thing that doesn't work is my insert, update and delete wizards.

if it connects using recordset and ordinary insert, update, delete transaction.
    Why can't it connect with the wizard!?

Hmm... I have one day left to do my project and this happens...
    Gah!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2008 3:29 AM   in reply to (Richard_Goldstein)
    Hi Bjarke - I found out my issue and posted here: http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3c057464
    <<>>
    Basically, my local INCLUDES folder got corrupt somehow - so I deleted it and then used the CONTROL PANEL > UPDATE INCLUDES FOLDER and it rebuilt it for me - and I was able to work again.
    <<>>
    The weird thing though is, it just happened again yesterday - so I did the same process as described above and I am up and running now. So, there still may be in issue somewhere where the INCLUDES folder is still getting corrupt, but at least this work around is working.
    <<>>
    I hope this helps you out.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)