Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

INDIC UNICODE SUPPORT

May 15, 2008 9:03 PM

Sir,
We would like to purchase Adobe, if we can find INDIC UNICODE SUPPORT (COMPLEX SCRIPT SUPPORT) in all products of DTP and DESIGNING kind. If anyone can help us whether we can expect such one in the future.

Thanks
arindhama

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 15, 2009 9:35 PM   in reply to (arindhama)
    Adobe, please respond to this query - its 9 months old! Most of Asia is shut out of your technology owing to lack of complex script support in virtually all of your products. Can you not at least use the default rendering engines in the OS platforms you have software for? We use most other software on Windows, Linux and even Mac OS without a problem now - but not Adobe products.

And, your monopoly may soon run out...

ruvan
    sri lanka.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 15, 2009 9:51 PM   in reply to (arindhama)
    Similar case for Nepal. Most Nepalis use Nepali OTF (linked to the Devanagari Unicode Chart) for DTP applications. However, this is not possible for Pagemaker and other Adobe products. And Adobe products seem to the standard used by most layout and design team. What this means is that most publishing houses are not able to use unicode based fonts (which would allow for better search and other features) in Nepali. It would be great if Adobe could explain when it will extend support for complex scripts.

amar
    Nepal

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 16, 2009 6:24 AM   in reply to (arindhama)
    If adobe facilitates supporting for OTF complex scripts in its products, adobe will the biggest software seller for printing jobs in Nepal as well as south Asia.

Laxmi

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 17, 2009 3:18 AM   in reply to (arindhama)
    We have difficult time with working with Adobe as it doesnt support our language.. if you could have it support Pashto would be very useful.

Thanks, Omar- Afghanistan

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 17, 2009 7:32 AM   in reply to (arindhama)
    Im not sure why adobe doesnt concentrate on it. I dont think they are not able to do it. South Asia region have significant number of user of adobe products. I think adobe should concentrate on complex scripts supports to their products.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2009 4:30 AM   in reply to (arindhama)
    Adobe, you got to support Unicode (for all asian scripts) or else you'll fail. Because, we,the opensource community we will support competitive opensource adobe look-a-like tools to support Unicode!!!!!!!

Asanka

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2009 7:53 PM   in reply to (arindhama)
    Adobe,

In Bhutan, we are also fully dependent on Adobe products, especially print and media organizations are heavely using them. However, there are problems since it's based on ASCII. We will appreciate if Adobe could support Unicode to support Complex scripts in their products.

Pema C

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2009 8:32 PM   in reply to (arindhama)
    I'm eager to participate in this forum. Adobe should support Unicode to support complex scripts in all of their products, so that we feel easy to use our Language (Urdu) while using Adobe products.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2009 8:49 PM   in reply to (arindhama)
    Lack of Unicode support in Adobe products has forced us to find work-around solutions to support printing related eGov applications in Sri Lanka. We had to buy extra sw such as MS Publisher for few govt organizations though they have Adobe products. If Adobe does not work to make their products Unicode compatible, eventually all local printing industry will migrate to products with Unicode support.

Wasantha
    Sri Lanka

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2009 3:43 AM   in reply to (arindhama)
    I'm not sure how a discussion of unicode support is relevant to this forum. The "scripting" referred to here is that of automation not that which has much to do with unicode.

I suggest you take this discussion to the Typography forum:

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.eea5b3a/

and, if I may suggest, please be a bit more specific about which applications you're talking about or just what you mean by unicode support because I was under the impression that Adobe applications do support unicode.

Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2010 11:04 AM   in reply to (arindhama)

Dear All,

Use the Adobe Middle Eastern Version CS2,CS3,CS4, or coming CS5. It is support all Indic unicode version. The distributor of this version is Winsoft International (http://www.winsoft-international.com/). Download the trial and check it out.It allows you to edit and work in one or several of the following languages  at the same time: Arabic, Azeri, Bengali, Farsi, Georgian, Greek,  Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Kannada, Kazakh, Khmer/Cambodian, Lao,  Malayalam, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Tamil, Thai, Urdu, Vietnamese

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)