• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with Vista 64 bit edition

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2007 Jan 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will this be fixed for 64 bit OS, I want to upgrade to version 8, but there is no point at this time. No version works on Vista.

Error "Warning 20225..." or no Adobe PDF printer appears (Acrobat 8.0 on Windows)
Issue

When you install Adobe Acrobat, one of the following issues occurs:

-- The Acrobat installer returns the error message, "Warning 20225: Adobe Acrobat 8 Setup was unable to create a new item: Adobe PDF Converter. The Adobe PDF Printer may be unavailable. GetLastError: The specified module could not be found." When you click OK, the installer returns the error again and completes the installation, but the Adobe PDF printer doesn't appear in Printers And Faxes in the Windows Control Panel.

-- The Adobe PDF printer doesn't appear in Printers And Faxes in the Windows Control Panel.

Solutions

Solution 1: Use a supported installation.

The following are unsupported installations, and the supported solutions:

-- If you install Acrobat (Professional or Standard) on a 64-bit operating system, then you may see this error. Install Acrobat on a 32-bit operating system.
TOPICS
Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2007 Jan 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No version of Acrobat currently available will install the PDF printer
on a 64-bit version of Windows (XP or Vista). Adobe have made no
announcements about availability of a version that will.

Without this, most other conversion components can't work either.

Aandi Inston

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2007 Jan 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well hopefully someday they well. I was going to upgrade to the suite, but if this program will never work, there is no point doing so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2007 Mar 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a brand new HP Pavillion with Vista Home Premium OS on it. I also purchased recently a copy of Adobe Acrobat Pro 8 Upgrade from version 5+. Is there a way I can install this under vista. I have legal copies of Acrobat Pro for versions 5.6.and 7.
I seem to remember that you have to have a earlier versionn installed on your computer. A problem with Vista I think.
I know some newer versions of Microsoft Software will install if you have the CD of the olderversion and place it in your CD drive.
ie. Windows 98 to XP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2007 Mar 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the adobe people should do something as soonest. the professional versions become useless when the converter or pdf-maker are not available, or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2007 Mar 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fuerer,

You can download the free Public Preview of the Acrobat 8.0 3D application from the following URL:

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/acrobat3d_version8/

It supports Vista 32 and 64 bit systems.

Please note that this is a Public Preview of the forthcoming Acrobat 8.0 3D application and therefore has an expiration date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2007 May 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too bad Adobe!!!
I have used Adobes suite since Aldus PageMaker. I have always been satisfied with products and support. But not now. I recently bought a new computer with Vista because my other one crashed (OS:XP). The Adobe suite will not work correctly with Vista on the new system. Spoken with an Adobe manager in Sweden and he said that he had never heard of the problem that the users complain over this issue. He told me to: "Upgrade to CS3 or Change back to XP".
He also told me that ""it is up to the customer to find a solution to the problem, this is not Adobes problem". This is so far away from my earlier nice experience with Adobe.
//Erik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2007 Jun 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate this response is probably too late for your particular problem but I was interested in your post because I have the same issue. I have Acrobat 5.0.5 running well on XP professional but am having to move to a Vista (Premium) system and so will need to purchase the Acrobat upgrade to v8. I too was concerned that I could not load the version 5 first onto a Vista machine in order for an upgrade to be possible and so rang Adobe technical support today.

I am told that the upgrade disc comes with the full system software for v8. You do not have to have an earlier version running on the Vista machine (indeed none works) but you do have to be able to prove ownership of an earlier eligible Acrobat package.

I don't know if you have by now upgraded your version of Acrobat but if so I would welcome your comments on how easy it is etc.

Also can you tell me whether or not v8 includes the document indexing and associated searching facilities that were present in v5? I found them very useful (and they were not present in v6 and possibly in v7 either) and it is really only those that stops me from simply moving to a much cheaper third party system for generating PDF documents.

Many thanks

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 12, 2007 Jun 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF Printer works Great for me on Vista 64, Any language (both Roman and double-byte), many different machines. Not sure if you had some previous installation of Acrobat, or something else. UNinstall and clean up files and obvious registry settings, then try again, I think.

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2007 Jul 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Adobe still a leading company in PDF? It seems Adobe is not able to handle 64-bit OS. The unbelievable delay in issuing 64-bit PDF printer, Flash player, and other Adobe-titled softwares are all not available for 64-bit OS!!! What is wrong with Adobe? I am so so so disappointed on Adobe now.
Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2007 Jul 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out this link. There may be hope after all. I hope it works because I too would like to get Adobe to work on my new 64 bit Vista system.

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb401730&sliceId=1

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2007 Jul 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Adobe Acrobat 8.0 Professional upgrade with update 8.1 along with Microsoft hotfix kb930627 on my Vista 64 bit PC. Good news...Adobe PDF printer is now working. I haven't noticed any other bugs at the moment but I really needed the PDF printer. Hope that helps. Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2007 Nov 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use ADOBE and I am satisfied of it. In many cases when something goes well I dont improve it. In this case, luckily, I didnt try to upgrade ADOBE ACROBAT. We could compare this with the following example: even we can obtain a free shipping furniture we refuse it because we dont need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2007 Nov 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand anything right here. I bought Acrobat 3D (7) some months befor and never got working the PDF Printern on my XP64 (Q6600 RAM 8GB). Now, two Adobe products can not be used here - GoLive CS2 (layout winodw to small on my screen and can not be scaled) and Acriobat PDF Printer (error 20255). Must I buy an Acrobat 3D upgrade? Is it true? Are Adobe products not good for professional engines, only for home users?

I hope to get a solution, without to pay extra money.

Micha

PS: An other problem is that the flash player use very much RAM, if I start a big size object turnaround VR. The RAM usage increase until 2GB. OK, my engine has 8GB, but my clients use standard PCs only and the RAM usage let freeze the flash turntable animation.
A Quicktime version of the VR need 40MB RAM only. So, I have three Adobe software problems now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2007 Nov 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe Acrobat 8.1.0 MIGHT work in Windows XP 64 (the original
Acrobat 8.0 worked no more than 7.0). It has not been a supported
platform. There is no direct solution without paying extra money. The
indirect solution is of course to distill manually.

Aandi Inston

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2007 Nov 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info, it's not a customer friendly solution, but it's a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2008 Jan 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have Aldus PM5, same one on W3.1, W95, W98, W98se, no trouble changing between machines, but now have been networking two computers, one W98se and XP. I'd like to 'un-network' the two and run PM5 on the XP machine, but I can't make PM5 run on the new machine. I've tried completely removing all traces of PM5 from my W98se machine, including whatever I can find in the registry, but to no avail.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Grant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2008 Jan 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Grant,

You probably want to ask this question on a PageMaker forum. This is an Acrobat forum that deals specifically with 3D issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2008 Jan 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you dont mind the hassle there is a workaround. When you have a window open try either selecting web layout view in the bottom left corner of the window (this will make the window redraw/refresh) or switch to mobile view and then back to web layout view (will also cause a refresh).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2008 Jan 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instructions from God how to install adobe on windows vista.

I was having trouble installing adobe on windows vista and after reading and trying endless instructions nothing worked...

Then it hit me....

Jesus said: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." Matthew 7:78

I prayed to the Lord to forgive my sins and to give me wisdom and He answered my prayer.
Glory to the Lord for being so loving, forgiving and giving us what we seek even when we dont deserve it.

I hope that the following instructions will help you with your work as God helped me.

Step 00. Backup your important files and documents because the installation of vista will delete all

Step 01. Install Dell Media Direct CD wich will create a partition for media files ( I have Dell Pc)

Step 02. Install windows vista choosing to create fresh installation. when prompted delete the previows windows partition then create a new one and do not forget: chose the option to format it.

Step 03. Install all necessary drivers, anti-virus, firewall and update your windows.

Step 04. Turn Off UAC ( user account control ) by going on control panel - click user accounts -

Step 05. Restart your PC on safe mode by pressin F8 when it is starting up.

Step 06. Insert your adobe CD and copy all the files in your favorite folder on your Pc

Step 07. Restart your PC normally - open the folder where you saved adobe - right click on setup.exe and chose option "run as administrator". You will now be able to use adobe on vista

Praise the Lord for guiding us when it seems impossible. We struggle because we dont ask and when we ask we doubt. Believe and you will receive the blessings of God. We try to solve things ourselves and we dont ask The Almighty that created everything that has ever been created. God knows it all and He is willing to give us wisdom without finding fault. We just have to come near him by prayer and with repentful heart and He hears us and helps us no matter what.

If you need more info contact me at: mynotebook@hotmail.co.uk

God Bless

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2008 Feb 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's got to be a solution other than re-installing Vista. Anyone have experience with it working with Vista SP1? I installed the MS hotfix before SP1 and it still would not print from anything other than Notepad. Adobe Acrobat version 8.1 says it supports Vista - no mention on whether or not it includes 64 bit. Also, the Adobe site says it will support Acrobat on 64 bit after the hotfix is installed. But still, no luck.

This is my first experience with Adobe...no support options other than pay-as-you-go. For $1500 worth of software (I purchased Web Design Premium) this seems a bit ridiculous.

Anyone have any luck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2008 Feb 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

Your question might be better answered on the Acrobat User-to-User forum. This forum deals specifically with 3D issues. The other forum has very many folks who you are more likely to get a quick answer from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2008 Mar 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following worked for me to get acrobat print in vista x64 browser.

go into C:\windows\inf\

1. delete the adobe printer in your printer folder
2. find INFCACHE.1, give yourself "full control" permission to the file.
3. delete INFCACHE.1
4. reboot
5. launch acrobat 8.1.2, go to help and launch repair

this will re-create your adobe printer.
It seems it's possible that there might be some permission issue with the old INFCACHE.1 file which get in the way of printing. After patching up to 8.1.2 and run the repair which recreate the file (call it the INFCACHE.1 acrobate 8.1.2 version) seems to have fix my printing problem.

and I still have UAC turned on :)

hope the above helped.
Shigeru Go (shigeru_go@hotmail.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2008 Mar 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked great for me as well. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2008 Mar 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the fix suggested by Shigeru Go but, it did not work. I am still getting a "printing (not responding)" error. I have to go to task manager and close this item. I then get an error message something like "an unexpeted error occured PDF maker was unable to produce the PDF". Adobe has not been much help. I have updated from 8.0.0 through 8.1.2, run repair (twice), to no avail.

I bought Adobe since I thought they were the best; the program that should work "out of the box". I am very dissapointed. I will let you know how they respond. I have a service case open but, it currently has yielded no results. One of the troubleshooting links they suggested was delving deeper into system issues than I care to go. While not a complete dilletant, it seems that programs that cost hundreds of dollars should execute their basic functions without too much ado.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines