Skip navigation

Problems with Vista 64 bit edition

Jan 8, 2007 9:51 AM

Latest reply: seoseattle1, Oct 19, 2009 2:40 AM
Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 11, 2008 1:09 PM   in reply to (Dean_Salman)
    Also... It looks like Adobe is unveiling CS4 on September 23rd. If you were considering the upgrade it might be worth the wait.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 1, 2008 12:38 PM   in reply to (Dean_Salman)
    After PERUSING the adobe forums for a fix, I finally found it... at the Quickbooks PRO site!

http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/pages/knowledgebasearticl e/1007856

Basically it steps you through the process of reassigning the Adobe PDF printer port away from LPT1 to a new (you create it) local PDF port.

I had given up on Adobe Acrobat working on my Vista x64 until I stumbled upon this to fix my Quickbooks Pro and though it may work for my Adobe troubles.

I hope this finally brings peace for others!

Maybe Adobe needs to replace their QA engineers with Intuit engineers????

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 18, 2008 6:57 AM   in reply to (Dean_Salman)
    The fix posted by Shigeru Go above [5:49pm Mar 2, 08 PST (#22 of 38)] worked for me as well.

Just in case it helps others, I'll mention a few more things about my install:

-I am running Vista Home Premium 64-bit, and Adobe CS3 Standard.
    -I installed and updated CS3 BEFORE installing any physical printers on my PC. [week of 10-13-08, in case that is relevant]
    -During the install there was one error with a file not found, I hit cancel and the installation completed. Sorry I didn't write down the file name but I did find a webpage that recommended I cancel and continue the install.
    -Later in the week I attached a Laser Printer and installed the HP universal printer drivers.
    -Then I found this fix posted above and tried it. Success the first time.

Can't think of anything else that might be relevant.

Thanks, Shigeru Go!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2008 6:42 AM   in reply to (Dean_Salman)
    Has this been fixed in CS4? This issue has really affected my workflow in a negative way. I have spent several hours working on this and I still can't print to Adobe PDF in Vista 64. Now the 8.1.2 installer launches everytime I try to start Acrobat and I have to end the task. This is the only issue I have had upgrading to Vista 64.

Too bad Microsoft takes all the heat!

Thanks,

David

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2008 8:48 AM   in reply to (Dean_Salman)
    See the post from Michael Jantzen on July 8. Also please see the Acrobat 3D updates page:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=112&platfor m=Windows

Please note that the list of updates is not in chronological order

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2008 9:43 AM   in reply to (Dean_Salman)
    I did follow Michael Jantzen's method 10 days ago. In fact I did it twice. In the end it continues to say that the patch does not apply to my system.

I gave up and haven't touched it again until today when I needed to print check detail to Adobe PDF to email and it locked up. Then I tried to launch Acrobat and it said it was installing 8.1.2. That locked up too and I rebooted and tried again. Same result.

Then I ran Bueford Tannon's fix - 7:55am Mar 31, 08 PST (#45 of 55) From this Adobe Forum Thread. http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?7@@.3bc34e46/45

SubInAcl has been running for over two hours now and I have no idea if this is going to fix the problem. This is a tremendous amount of effort to fix something that apparently can be accomplished with a $9.95 download.

David

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2008 1:29 PM   in reply to (Dean_Salman)
    Steve,

SubinACL crashed, so per your post I downloaded the Adobe Acrobat 3D 8.1.2 Security Update 1 - multiple languages and applied it. http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3975

Then I removed the Adobe PDF Printer and then removed the INFCACHE.1 from the Windows INF folder per this previous post in this thread. Shigeru Go - 5:49pm Mar 2, 08 PST (#22 of 42)

I ran the repair from Acrobat 8.1.2 and walla it works. It only took me seven hours today. It too less than 30 seconds to email the PDF after I got it fixed. That's very disappointing considering the price I pay to stay current with Adobe products.

David

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2008 3:10 PM   in reply to (Dean_Salman)
    Thank you for posting the steps you took to repair the problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 5, 2008 11:08 AM   in reply to (Dean_Salman)
    So there was an issue with the driver installer in 8.1.2, 8.1.3 resolves this. If you are still having trouble printing to Adobe PDF in XP-64 or 2003-64 or Vista-64 upgrade to 8.1.3.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 16, 2008 8:25 PM   in reply to (Dean_Salman)
    Acrobat Problem with Vista X64 OLE calls - CreateObject("AcroExch.AVDoc") does NOT open its window in the CreateObject("AcroExch.App") - but opens a new (invisible) window. Works correctly in XP x64 and 32 bit Vista - happens with Acrobat v8 and v9.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2008 11:56 AM   in reply to (Dean_Salman)
    Reed,

You may want to post this information on the Acrobat SDK forum as it appears that is where you are really having an issue. There are developers who may have tips and hints that may help you on that forum.

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.eed56a0/

Sanctus

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 29, 2008 7:56 AM   in reply to (Dean_Salman)
    Acrobat 8.1.3 update fails in Vista 64

On two machines, both running Vista 64, The update from Acrobat 8.1.2 to 8.1.3 ends with a message that the installation failed. I have tried it a number of times and get the same message every time on both machines.

Is there a fix for this?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2008 9:20 AM   in reply to (Dean_Salman)
    Jon's fix worked great for Quickbooks. Now, how can I get Acrobat 7.1 to print a PDF???

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 16, 2009 11:17 AM   in reply to (Dean_Salman)
    I'm almost a Linux convert. Microsoft used to be the gold standard with me. Mow, not sure.

http://moneywisdom-gold.blogspot.com/

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2009 12:30 PM   in reply to (Dean_Salman)

Does this mean Adobe Standard 6.0 cannot work with Vista 64 bit? Adobe has not fix?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 24, 2009 8:06 PM   in reply to ciro83

You won't get it to print to .pdf for sure with any version earlier than V8.

You may be able to get it to install (have to modify install path to Progra~2 not Program Files (x86).

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 19, 2009 2:40 AM   in reply to (Dean_Salman)

I am running Vista 32 bit with Service pack two. I only have Adobe Acrobat 6.0 and really don't want to spend. Can anyone share with me if there is a way to get my version to print?

Thanks!

SEO Seattle

Email: david@seoseattle.net

Thank you for considering a minute to answer.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)