Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

DirectX files in Acrobat pro extended..

Jul 6, 2008 9:36 PM

Hi,

I was wondering if it's possible to import directX-files into a pdf document? In the specification a found about Acrobat 3D there should be a Toolkit that can import these files but I can't find such a program. I guess that the new Acrobat pro extended is a new version of the old Acrobat 3D..shouldn't this new version also be able to import directX-files?

/Zarillo

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 8, 2008 4:23 PM   in reply to (Tony_Nystrand)
    There's no way to capture directx applications, but the product supports about 30-40 different 3D formats. What are you trying to do?

3D toolkit is Acrobat 7/8 only - in 9 Pro Extended there is a similar tool called 3D reviewer.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2008 6:01 AM   in reply to (Tony_Nystrand)
    I am confused... There is no such thing as a DirectX file format. What application are your files created in, and what is the filename extension of the files you're attempting to convert?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2008 6:04 AM   in reply to (Tony_Nystrand)
    Yes, Acrobat 3D and the new Acrobat Pro Extended import animation. Check you conversion settings while importing.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2008 7:35 AM   in reply to (Tony_Nystrand)
    Your probably talking about .X files right? I don't think 3D Toolkit supported them either - its not on the list here at least:

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb401105

|
    Mark as:
    May 20, 2009 7:48 AM   in reply to (Tony_Nystrand)

hi,

I'm interst to this post too.

My issue is that I'm not able in Acrobat 9 Pro to change the 3d model shader.

I'd like to give it different appearence touch, modifying the shader (color, specular, glossiness, relfectivity.. and so on) and I'm noticing that Acrobat 9 Pro doesn't allow it.

So I think I should set it before importing.

Am I missing something?

Thank you very much for any explanation.

ByeZ!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)