Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

adding video

Jul 8, 2008 7:42 AM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 8, 2008 9:40 AM   in reply to (Doug_Arndt)
    Search for "Add Multimedia to PDFs" in the Acrobat 9 Pro extended Help system

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 8, 2008 3:22 PM   in reply to (Doug_Arndt)
    I get further than you. I can set the poster, change the start and stop locations, but once I do OK, I see a "trancoding video" pop up flash by in a second or two (for a 20-second .mpg), but the PDF has no controls, no thin-lined box, no indication that what I just spent the last minute doing even exists. The "help" page assumes this works. It doesn't. Gotta laugh. I am an idiot! I must be for this program to be able to outsmart me so easily.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2008 5:55 AM   in reply to (Doug_Arndt)
    To add, the thing doesn't like .mpg from nero (plays fine in everything else I have). A .wmv (not sure which kind exactly) is transoding as I write (so very slow for such a small file -- and the application itself isn't upding its window -- I think it died...).

Anyway, at least this STARTED to transcode. I looked in %temp% and saw a dozen or so zero-length .flv files from yesterday (I suppose from the .mpg it couldn't figure out).

Still transcoding, only half-way and it's been six minutes (8 MB .wmv, only 30 seconds). The main window is dead though so the screen is a mess (dual CPU so I can still do this).

I noticed that when trying to play an audio/mp3, I HAD TO ENALBE the frickin' BROWSER to play audio in web pages before the PDF would do anything with regard to the mp3 file. I am laughing again! I would not be surprised if I have to ENABLE THE BROWSER to show video in a web page BEFORE THE PDF WILL SHOW a video. This is ABSURD! What do I need a BROWSER setting to control a PDF function?

OK, false alarm on the video; the browser can be set to not show video and it still shows. The mp3 needs the browser set to get audio. I don't have any .wmv files with audio so I can't test that out. Too bad Nero .mpg files don't want to work. Hm. I wouldn't want to bet that holds true with h.264 (non-swf) files, though. And if I disbled swf as a plugin to the browser, would it still work in pdf? I've never used an swf pluing -- I get rid of those first thing. Now I'm stuck with it (security reasons is why).

It took 10 minutes to transcode the 30 second, 8 MB .wmv. Maybe that's normal. The non-update of the main acrobat window, that's not normal (of a well-designed app it's not).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)