Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Using Distiller Server UNIX

Sep 8, 2008 1:55 PM

RE: PeopleSoft 8.9 Careers
Open Office
Application Attachments
Unix

We have a process that prints out applications with the attachments .doc,.txt, .rft, .txt. The converting of those documents to PDF takes a long time to process and sometimes doesn't even work.

How could we use Adobe Distiller to convert the documents before they are process though the process scheduler in PeopleSoft? The program is also an SQR that pulls the data first through the database.

Have any ideas?

ml.klein@domail.maricopa.edu

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 8, 2008 2:15 PM   in reply to (Marjorie_Klein)
    Acrobat Distiller reads PostScript files, nothing else. It may fit
    into your workflow: how are you currently getting from (say) DOC to
    PDF, and what fails?

Be aware that conversion of Office documents on a Unix machine is
    never going to compare to actually using Office.

Aandi Inston

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 30, 2009 4:20 AM   in reply to (Marjorie_Klein)
    Can not open Distiller 7.0 anymore Shut down immediately with failure message "Distiller has suddenly closed" Have added new fonts to computer, can there be a problem because of that?

harriet@aquaprodukter.se

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 4, 2009 5:21 AM   in reply to (Marjorie_Klein)
    I have Acrobat 6.02. when I try and open distiller, it says that there is a Mac Error - 1409.  I can't find out what this is? I need distiller to convert my quark file for pre-press. can someone offer me some help  with this please?<br /><br />Thanks<br /><br />Kadija<br /><kadijageorge@gmail.com>

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 12, 2009 9:35 AM   in reply to (Marjorie_Klein)
    I have a Quark 6.5 doc. This doc has a primary border (distills fine),a second object box with coupon border and a text box within the coupon border. The coupon border is not showing when distilled with Distiller Server 8 (Unix), text is good. I even tried removing the coupon border box and adding border to the text box, didn't work. It will distill fine using Distiller Server 5 (Unix). I also works using Xinet to distill.

Do I need to modify a joboption perameter?

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2009 6:51 PM   in reply to (Marjorie_Klein)
    I recently installed Adobe Distiller Server 6.0.1 on a Solaris 10 Zone and am able to distill PS to PDF's no problem. I also was able to successfully setup a SMB Printer share that prints to PDF with no issues either.
    What I am having issues with is that I can't find anywhere how to actually create a local pdf printer on the server that I can share out with other unix servers.
    We are migrating to a Unix Print Server, and even though with SMB we can print from windows to PDF's our other Unix servers can not.
    I have been messing around with the lpadmin and I can't figure out how to get the queue to run the distiller script. I read a lot about how to configure a printer with CUPS, but all of those scripts are for ghostscript, and not distiller.

If anyone has any ideas, please share.

Thanks,

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2009 3:14 AM   in reply to (Marjorie_Klein)
    Hi everybody,<br /><br />I am working on a PDF authomatic creation through a Perl script that execute a PL/SQL procedure that load data in PDF file.<br /><br />Some times I raise the following strange (for me) error:<br /><br />SQR Error<br />Hyperion SQR Production Reporting Server - 9.3.1.0.0.857<br />Copyright (c) 1994, 2007 Oracle and/or its affiliates.  All rights reserved.<br /><br />(SQR 2613) Loading 'est' lookup table ... done.  7 rows loaded.<br />(SQR 2613) Loading 'pri' lookup table ... done.  5 rows loaded.<br />(SQR 2613) Loading 'kwe' lookup table ... done.  167 rows loaded.<br />(SQR 2613) Loading 'kwf' lookup table ... done.  167 rows loaded.<br />(SQR 6002) Cannot open the printer file: /<dir>/<dir>/<dir>/<dir>/bin/../<dir>/<dir>/<nome_file>.s03<br />(2): No such file or directory<br /><br />SQR: Program Aborting.<br /><br />Have someone any suggestions???<br />Could it depends on standard input/output handling???<br /><br />thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2009 6:22 AM   in reply to (Marjorie_Klein)
    That doesn't look like a error of the Distiller Server.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)