Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Trying to print "Form Fields Only"

Feb 13, 2009 1:53 PM

I have made a fillable form with Acrobat Pro 9, it is a multipart form that my customer feeds into a dot matrix printer. My customer is using Acrobat Reader 9 to fill in the form, when they go to print the form they click on the print button, the option FORM FIELDS ONLY is not present under COMMENTS AND FORMS. This option is available on my Pro version. Have I missed a setting when creating the form to allow my customer to only print the fields on the form or is this an option only available in the Pro version.

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 13, 2009 2:30 PM   in reply to (hilroyy)
    This option is only available in the Pro version.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 13, 2009 8:48 PM   in reply to (hilroyy)
    To the best of my knowledge, Reader should be able to print the form. It can not save the form unless additional steps are taken. To be sure about the capabilities of Reader, you might want to ask in the Reader forum.

According to the Adobe site, the following can be done with Reader:

Reader 9:

1. View, print, and search PDF files, including PDF Portfolios and PDF maps

2. Author, store, and share documents, and share your screen, using Acrobat.com services

3. Experience richer content and greater interactivity with native support for Adobe® Flash® technology

This list does not talk about forms unfortunately.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2009 1:25 AM   in reply to (hilroyy)
    You can re-design your form. Every PDF document can have non-printable background.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2009 9:42 AM   in reply to (hilroyy)
    Create a PDF document with empty pages. Use Document > Background > Add/Replace... to add your scanned PDF document as background. In the appearance options disable the entry 'Show when printing'. Then you add the form fields to your document.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)