• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create Blank Signature Field in Acrobat 8

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2007 Jan 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The create blank signature field function is no longer available in Acrobat 8.0, as it was in 6.x and 7.x. This was an extremely useful tool to add a quick signature block to a document you needed digitally signed by another party.

Adobe LiveCycle Designer does have the ability to add the field, but that requires additional steps to convert the document to a form when a forms functionality is truly unnecessary for a simple signature capture.

Please, add this capability back to the native Acrobat program. We have hundreds of users who use this functionality daily.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2007 Jan 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If we are discussing the same function...
Open the Forms tools,
Look in between the Text field tool and the Barcode tool.

Or are you talking about something else?
David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2007 Jan 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, David. You helped me also. Now that I've found how to create the blank signature field, I wonder if you can help me on another matter. I have used a Topaz Systems Inc signature pad in Adobe 6.0. I have upgraded to 8.0. Now I can create the signature field but when I select "sign document" the programs bombs out [The program has encountered an unexpected error and needs to close] Do you have any suggestions as to what my next move is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2007 Jan 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you disable or remove the third-party plug-in?
I suspect the plug-in will have to be updated to work with Acrobat 8.

If disabling the plug-in works, you will have to contact Topaz Systems.
David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2007 Jan 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David. You did answer my question. The tool just moved where I didn't see it.

However, I'm running into a problem with creating a signature field, enabling commenting in Adobe Reader, and then having an Adobe Reader user sign the field. I'll click on the field in Adobe Reader 8 and the signature prompt never comes up.

I've double checked all of the signature preferences and they are set to include the Windows Certificate store, but a prompt never comes up. Is there a specific setting I need to use for signatures in Adobe Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2007 Jan 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize now that this is not the appropriate forum for my new question. I'll post it under the Reader forum.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2007 Mar 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under the advanced pull-down, select "Enable Usage Rights in Adobe Reader".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2007 Jun 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Form 2nd post, I understand that I need to check for Signature tool in Forms->tools menu.
But I was not able to find tools under forms menu.

I am using Adobe Acrobat 8.0 standard edition.
Please let me know how to create an empty signature block using my version of adobe.

Thanks,
Kiran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2007 Sep 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the same question as above - how do I create a blank signature field in Adobe 8.0 standard edition (NOT LiveCycle)???

This was availabe in 7.0 but I cannot find this feature in 8.0. ???

Please help! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2007 Sep 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should check out this document:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/digsig_user_guide.pdf

Or other security related docs on:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/acrobat/security.html

ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2008 Feb 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to find the Create Blank Signature Field feature anywhere. I don't have a Forms under my Tools menu, and the instructions in the User Guide on creating the blank field do not work as written. I am using Adobe Acrobat 8 Standard 8.1.2.

The only way I have been able to create a blank field is to place my signature each place I want a field, then right click and go to Clear Signature. It's backwards but it works. Hopefully Adobe will fix this error with a patch, or someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2008 Mar 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

You are right it is not as it used to be in Acrobat 6 and 7, but it is still there!

Go to Tools->Forms, and select the Digital signature tool.

A cross will show up, and you can use t for placing your new and EMPTY signature field

Tal

[signature deleted by host]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2008 Apr 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or... Just do it this way. in your toolbar click on the Pen (Digitally Sign Or Certify a Document) it's next to the lock. Then choose "Place Signature"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2012 Feb 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent shortcuts. I learned many new things from it. Thank you very much for your helpful information.Wholesale silver jewelry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2012 Jun 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

exelent phần mềm erp,phần mềm quản lý nhân sự ,bán hàng,kế toán phần mềm erp

https://sites.google.com/site/magicvietsolution/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines