Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Microsoft Visual C++ runtime Library error

Sep 19, 2008 6:30 AM

Hi all!

I have installed a trial version of Adobe Audition 3.0 from Adobe's website. The installation was OK, no problems but when I come to start it up it give mes this error:

Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Audition 3.0\Audition.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Incidentally, I have also tried installing a trial version of Adobe Audition 2.0 and it gives me exactly the same error.

Any ideas how to solve the problem?

I'm using a Pentium 4 3GHz computer with Hyperthreading, 1GB RAM and running Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 3.

Thanks and regards,
Kurt

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 29, 2008 6:54 PM   in reply to (Kurt_Sultana)
    I was getting a similar runtime error, and got rid of/disabled my Spybot program...seems to conflict...try disabling any and all anti spyware type programs and see if that helps....don't forget to turn them back on when you're done!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 1, 2008 7:55 AM   in reply to (Kurt_Sultana)
    If you receive a runtime error on the startup, or entering edit mode from the multi-track mode in Adobe Audition, there is a quick fix. This seems to be a wide spread problem across many of the applications and this applies to any software that runs into the dreaded Runtime error.
    Close Adobe Audition, if it hasnt slammed shut already.
    Open Windows explorer, right click start and go to explore.
    At the top go to Tools/Folder option/view and make sure show hidden files and folders is selected.
    Browse to this folder:
    C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\Adobe\Audition\3.0
    (Insert profile name or your log on account for user)
    Cut and paste all the files in this folder to a folder you create in my documents or somewhere else called AAbackup. This just preserves your files in case you ever want to go back, to broken.
    Reopen Adobe Audition and go to work. It will rebuild itself in your profile and correct its own problem.
    Happy audio creation!
    Scott Wolf

|
    Mark as:
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,602 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Oct 1, 2008 9:38 AM   in reply to (Kurt_Sultana)
    >If you receive a runtime error on the startup, or entering edit mode from the multi-track mode in Adobe Audition, there is a quick fix.

I have to tell you emphatically that this does not fix the program lockup problem. If it did, we would have discovered this before it was even released.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2009 1:06 PM   in reply to (Kurt_Sultana)
    Hello all. I just started getting Kurt Sultana's runtime error as described above. It's happening after I import a file into Auditon 3.0. It loads into Edit view, then when I ask it to insert into Multitrack, that's as far as it gets. If I click play or try to do anything, I get the runtime error, and that's the end of the session.

Toshiba Satellite P205D-S7438
    Vista Home Premium SP1
    2.5GB RAM
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-55 1.80 GHz

I recently installed the 3.0.1 patch

Would be so appreciative of any pointers, and also any thoughts as to do I have enough computer to really run Audition 3.0. Getting frustrating.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2009 7:59 AM   in reply to (Kurt_Sultana)
    Thomas, what type of file did you import? Do you get the Runtime error when opening any other file?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2009 10:36 AM   in reply to (Kurt_Sultana)
    Hi Eric. This is happening now whether I import an .mp3 or a .wma file. It doesn't matter the source, either (at first I thought it might have something to do with pulling a file off a jump drive, but it happens from files stored on the hard drive,also).

Currently, the operation of importing a file into Audition is the only time I'm seeing a Runtime error. I can't seem to get it to happen doing anything else. I appreciate the difficulty of trying to diagnose something like this from afar, and I do appreciate all the help I can get.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2009 12:14 PM   in reply to (Kurt_Sultana)
    This is a shot in the dark, but did you check your file associations to see what programs on your machine are associated with .mp3 or .wma?
    And are you doing an Import command rather than an Open command?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2009 3:34 PM   in reply to (Kurt_Sultana)
    While I do appreciate the help, the situation reached a crisis level and I called Tech Support.

Turns out I needed to re-create the preferences file, as described in this document:
    http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb402648
    Scroll down to:
    5. Re-create the Audition preferences file.

One thing to keep in mind: if you cannot navigate to C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Audition\3.0
    youll need to get Windows to show hidden files. Tech Support can talk you through it (a Photoshop expert helped me!)
    No runtime error anymoreawaiting next spanner the combination of Vista/Toshiba/Audition have in store for me!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2009 11:22 PM   in reply to (Kurt_Sultana)
    Gah, you're link didn't work. PANIC PANIC PANIC. I can't even get in to finish a project. Audition shuts right down after I open it. Only the project I'm working on though.

|
    Mark as:
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,602 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Feb 7, 2009 2:50 AM   in reply to (Kurt_Sultana)
    >Only the project I'm working on though.

Then you have a corrupted session file causing the root software to malfunction. It's the only thing that's unique to your project that could do this.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2009 3:22 AM   in reply to (Kurt_Sultana)
    Steve's right so you will need to recreate that session.

This software will tell you which files were in the session but other than that and "save early and save often" you're on your own.

http://www.mediasweeper.com.au

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 16, 2009 2:57 AM   in reply to (Kurt_Sultana)

I have tryed reinstalling the software sevral times, in addition I have also tryed installing and reinstauling (all after successfull uninstulations, of corce.) on an external Hard Drive. The error is not intermitant after it appers and dose not go away, even after a reinstulation. I notice that only after a system restore and fresh copy of

internet phone, new instulation, dose the error go's away. I have repeted this process sevral times to see if I can find a patturn.  I notice that the error begins occering after one or both of the fallowing two conditions occure, wether the instulation is on my pc or on my external HDD (hard drive): 1) After downloading the therd catalog and before starting the forth catalog download within Stellarium, than closing the software fallowed by restarting windows than relaunching the software. 2) After canceling a previously started download of a catalog within Stellarium.  Note: In both cases, the error dosen't always occer right away.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)