Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 13, 2008 12:25 AM   in reply to Heiner Strentzsch
    RTFM!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 13, 2008 10:39 AM   in reply to Heiner Strentzsch
    if i shot only camera raw, then i would not be able to open it in photoshop!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 25, 2008 11:53 AM   in reply to Heiner Strentzsch
    @#20: Happens on my PC as well!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 25, 2008 12:15 PM   in reply to Heiner Strentzsch
    laszio,

I don't believe you understand what is going on. Of course you would be able to open it in Photoshop; it just has to go through ACR first. What is it that you are REALLY trying to do?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 25, 2008 7:01 PM   in reply to Heiner Strentzsch
    Jim. I can open it now in Photoshop and in ACR. A couple of weeks ago Photoshop would not open a raw file (either directly or after ACR giving me the following message "Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of file". Well now I can for some reason. Just tried it. Maybe the recent updates fixed whatever the problem was. Or maybe my recently loading Photoshop 6.0 did something.

All I am trying to do is to create a HDR image from 3 exposures of the same subject. Guess it should work now. Thanks for your persistent responses btw Jim.

Also would you know if the upgrade to 6.0 is same price as the upgrade to 5.0. Hoping it's same as upgrade from 7.0 (i.e. much cheaper).

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 26, 2008 7:02 AM   in reply to Heiner Strentzsch
    The version numbers you are talking about seem to indicate that you are talking about Photoshop Elements rather than Photoshop. And I have no information for you. I haven't used Photoshop Elements version 2.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 30, 2008 9:46 PM   in reply to Heiner Strentzsch
    If it makes anyone feel better, I'm having the same problems.

I had installed PhotoShop CS3 and Bridge on my XP a few months ago, then I downloaded all updates. Everything was fine. Bridge displayed the Canon 40D CR2 thumbnails and, when appropriate, the Develop Settings icon. If I double-clicked on the thumbnail, it opened up in ACR, no problems.

Then, about a month ago, I did the automatic update to update Bridge to 2.1.1.9. Ever since then I have not been able to see the CR3 thumbnails, nor can I see the Develop Settings icon. But if I double-click the CR2 icons, it does open successfully in ACR.

I have done everything suggested in this forum, but none of these work:

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 1, 2008 1:59 PM   in reply to Heiner Strentzsch
    On 8/30/08 I posted my experience that I followed every suggestion on this forum, and I could not get Bridge 2.1.1.9 to display the thumbnails, even though it worked fine before the update to 2.1.1.9.

Well, today, I found the solution (at least, this worked on my computer)...

I ran Norton Window Doctor. It reported a number of problems with the Windows Registry. It went ahead and fixed them. When I restarted Bridge a few minutes later, it was working fine.

I suspect that the Bridge automatic update messed up the Windows registry. If you can run some sort of registry cleaner, the problem might go away. It worked for me.

Andy Frazer

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 16, 2008 10:13 PM   in reply to Heiner Strentzsch
    I too had the problem that I could not see the CR2 images in Bridge and I could not open them in the Bridge ACR (it was not an option}. After many agonizing hours and much reading, I finally got it fixed.

I followed Fred M. Stevens instructions, #25, to the T and YES, YES, it works. I needed to download all the updates as he suggested.

Merrill

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 17, 2008 1:45 AM   in reply to Heiner Strentzsch
    These steps worked fine for me!
    Thanks a lot!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 11, 2009 1:59 PM   in reply to Heiner Strentzsch
    Well, I see the missing camera raw thingy has a few of us perplexed. I did discover one way to open any image in camera raw I've not known. CS4 PhotoShop: File>Open As Smart File>(Enable "All Readable Documents" and choose "Camera Raw" in the drop-down format box. Choose your image and it, magically, opens in Camera Raw.

Happy Adobeeing.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 12, 2011 9:33 PM   in reply to (Andy_Frazer)

I know this is an old post...but thanks! I ran a Norton Registry Cleanup, restarted my computer and ACR is working again.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2012 5:23 AM   in reply to Heiner Strentzsch

I had a situation where ACR would work when opening a RAW file in Photoshop, but wasn't available in the context menu in Bridge. I also couldn't edit metadata for the images, either. After trying all sorts of things (as suggested in reply #25), I finally tried deactivating and reactivating CS3 - and all is well!

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)