Exit

CS4 bridge... enabling camera raw??

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2008 Oct 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed CS4, and get the following when trying CTRL-R:

"Camera Raw editing is not enabled.
Camera Raw editing requires that a qualifying product has been launched at least once to enable this feature."

What the heck qualifying product is supposed to be launched, and how can I enable RAW in Bridge?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2008 Oct 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to reboot to get bridge to launch ACR.
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2008 Oct 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

Which CS4 product did you install? ACR is enabled if you have CS4 Photoshop, After Effects or Suite.

Michelle Qi
Bridge QE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2008 Oct 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got CS4 Web Premium... I'm sorry, I forgot to post a reply after Charlie's post: it worked just fine after restarting the machine...thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2008 Oct 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi to all!

I have the same problem, reboot did nothing.

I'm not sure I understand the Michelle message... do I have to have installed Photoshop CS4 AND Creative Suite 4, or Photoshop CS4 AND After Effects to make it work?

Thanks a lot for your help, this problem really annoys me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2008 Oct 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Henri, you need "PSCS4" OR "Suite CS4" OR "After Effects CS4" - let me know if you still can't do ACR edit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for answering!

I have PS CS4 installed and still the same problem, I've tried all I could.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is CS4 activated?
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2008 Nov 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same error message. Have reported it to Adobe who can't offer a solution as yet. They have elevated the issue to their senior technical team. If anybody finds a solution please let us know. At the moment bridge has very little functionality.

RAL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, and couldn't figure out how to get ACR to work. I finally searched through my images in bridge for one that had been adjusted by ACR (under CS3) and still had the sidecar file. I opened that one, and ACR popped right up - and after that, all images were fine - worked just like it did in CS3.

Hope that works for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Penny,

I have tried what you suggested. I can get images to open in ACR but hosted by Photoshop. Are you able to to host ACR in Bridge? I am also unable to make any changes to file info. By the way I am running CS4 on a Vista 64 bit PC.

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2008 Nov 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the folks who can't open ACR edit dialog in Bridge. Could you please let me know:
- your OS language?
- your PS or Suite exact installed path?

Thank you.
Michelle Qi
Bridge QE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2008 Nov 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The trick might be that Bridge CS4 is still running so you're not really closing it. I was launching it from a CS4 application, but I was still getting the ACR error.

Bridge CS4 was the first app I opened and it asked me if I wanted to launch it automatically on startup to make it load faster. I selected yes. Then when ACR wasn't launching I just hit the X on the window and tried launching Bridge CS4 from within Photoshop/InDesign. If you notice that Bridge opens up very quickly it's because you're still running it. Go to your system tray (Windows), right click on the Br icon and close it. Then launch Bridge again from Photoshop/Indesign and see if ACR opens up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2008 Nov 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot open a jpeg in ACR.
I also get same error message when I try to go from Bridge - Edit - Camera Raw Preferences... or Creative Suite Color Settings...
Any new ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Michelle Qi :

For the folks who can't open ACR edit dialog in Bridge. Could you please let me know:
- your OS language?
- your PS or Suite exact installed path?

Henri :

My langage is french and my path is :
H:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4

Thanks to all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OP sys is Estonian Vista Business 32
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4 (US English)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2008 Nov 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those of you having this issue:

Try going into PS CS4 and going to Edit>Preferences and choosing Camera Raw. Then just press OK, and go try to test Bridge again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2008 Nov 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working for me... thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be way off base, but I have seen posts where weird problems have been solved in CS3 by clicking the English option in advanced preferences. May be worth a shot to see if it has any effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2008 Nov 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you see raw file thumbnails, but can't access ACR Edit or Preferences dialog, please email me directly at "mqi@adobe.com" with the following 2 log file:

%temp%\amt.log
%temp%\alm.log

Thank you.
Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2008 Nov 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I had the same problem as described by the OP. I tried the following and it worked: selected a RAW file, right clicked the mouse (I'm on Windows) and choose "Open with Adobe Photoshop CS4". The file then opened in ACR in PS CS4. Made a small adjustment and hit "done".
Next, went back to Bridge, double clicked on the RAW file (or used the new "Open in Camera Raw" button) and it worked without any problem.

Strange, but it worked. I hope it helps.

ErwinC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I noticed, that I have a lot of old CS3 folders in AppData folder so I deleted all Adobe stuff in my computer (incl Reader, all Adobe in registry, all Adobe folders) and installed very clean CS4 international English (previous was US English) and now everything seems working fine. So maybe it was old CS3 data, maybe US English with Estonian Vista Business, maybe whatever, who knows... just delete everything (CCleaner helps a lot in registry) and start from zero. BTW, Camera Profiles Beta 2 works fine too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having read many of the comments here, I have followed all suggestions without success.
On my computer Bridge won't display any RAW files as well as TIF files, only PSD and JPG files.
Also, RAW files won't open in Photoshop offering the following message "Could not complete your request because of a program error". This message will only come up if Photoshop is already running. If Photoshop is not running, then nothing happens...
What is interesting and troubling, is that it worked for several days right after having been installed.
FYI I have the complete Master Suite installed.
Looking forward to a solution soon...
Cheers,
Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried what you suggested Martin but it didn't work here. Also looking forward to a solution!

Thanks,

Wyatt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines