• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Too Many Activations HELP

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2008 Sep 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Sony Reader and like most new devices, it tends to lock up occasionally so it needs to be reset, removing all information from it, including DE activations.
I have been able to reauthorize till now with no problems. But today I am on number 5 activation and it won't do it. I get the E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS error message.

I have called Technical support in UK and they have no idea how to resolve this. A case has been opened #180428658

Quite frankly this is not good enough. I now have a non authorized device and lots of DE books I paid for but now can't read !!! There has to be a way to solve this, come on, it must be easy enough. Why limit the number of authorizations? People need to reset devices so this will always be an issue unless you resolve it quickly.

I now refuse to buy any more DE books, why bother if your DE locks me out fo them? Money down the drain, so I will not purchase any more DE books.

I have seen the 'workaround' where you create a new account on XP, but I don;t see how this is good enough. Plus all my books are stored on my normal account, so how would I get this to work? I guess you'd want me to transfer all my books to the new user account on XP. This really is not a solution at all. I need to use my usual XP account, I have everything stored on there.

This matter needs to be urgently addressed. I have paid good money to buy eBooks for my Sony Reader and now I can't read them due to a software glitch in DE........and you have no solution. I can see this issue was raised back in August, yet you STILL have no solution!? Not good at all.

I will not be wasting any more money on DE books until you can solve this and get it to stay solved.

I sincerely hope that you can at least try and resolve this issue urgently, please
TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well part of the problem here is that you phoned. There is no phone support for Digital Editions. Support is only available via web case http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions.

We do activation resets all the time. There is a process for it and it's documented internally for all agents who work on Digital Editions web cases. So I think what happened is that perhaps the phone agents (who wouldn't normally have to do anything with Digital Editions) just didn't know what to do and gave you the wrong information.

the workaround that you speak of with a new user account does NOT apply to your situation. That applies to a similar but different problem. Your activaitons are only used up because of the known issue of PRS-505's resetting. That's currently being researched by Engineering.

Anyway, I took over the case and I've reset your activations. Please watch the other threads in this forum for discussion of the PRS-505 endless loop issues. Engineering is definitely working on this, though I don't have any details on potential fixes at this time.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2012 Mar 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - if you're still there after all this time can you please help me reset my authorizations ? I have tried to submit a web case but it's not working , nor is the customer support form.

I am using overdrive media console and it has been crashing on my iPad. Every I have to re-install the app it requires another authorization.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 03, 2012 Mar 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bentley left adobe before I did.   For authorization reset your best bet is to submit a web support case.

Also I personally would suggest using bluefire reader on the ipad instead of the Overdrive Media Console.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2012 Apr 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a current way to submit a web case. I cannot find anything except for how to follow the status of a web case in "My Adobe"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a youtube tutorial that came pretty close- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGAZ8mZrK_o

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that appears out of date, since it looks like Adobe redesigned (and re-hosted) the support web page.  They do have a link (under 'Contact Support') for the Web Chat support, which should work for you, but there is no longer a link for submitting a web case.

While you can still submit a web case through:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/support/index.cfm

It's a bit more difficult, so I'd try going with the flow and trying to use Web Chat first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2013 Oct 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. 

Can someone please help.

The Adobe support is not well designed and I am NOT having any luck getting to the proper page to create a help request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2013 Oct 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They want me to pay $39 for a phone call support... All I want to do is reset the number of active devices.

This is ridiculous. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for resetting it for me, it has resolved the main issue I had and my device is now authorised.

It is a shame the UK phone centre doesn't tell you that they don't deal with it LOL..
anyway, you solved it for me so many thanks :o) You are a star

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2008 Sep 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem (See post "DE Acivations Used Up and no Support"). Can you do the same for me also? My case number that was closed by UK Support is 180434728.

As a side note, can someone please educate the UK support desk on how to perform DE re-activations? I find it unsatisfactory that a case is closed when it seems it's something that can be fixed very quickly.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

Toby

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 24, 2008 Sep 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TGL.. see my other response to your other post.

Currently activation resets are only done by my office in the US. We're looking at pitching that out to customer service so it'll be more readily available.

That said, I've asked the UK mgrs to look at these threads...

And, since I can now see both case numbers, I reset your activations...

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2008 Sep 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bentley - much appreciated. I'm up and running now.

I'll now upload the necessary traces for my ebook issue.

Regards,

Toby

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 25, 2008 Sep 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Toby, I looked through the bugbase and I see a couple of similar errors, but nothing that matches exactly. I'm going to take over the case and ping Engineering..

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 20, 2013 Oct 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try Adobe Live Chat: http://www.adobe.com/support/chat/ivrchat.html

They can reset your authorizations, and then you must reauthorize any devices you still need.

(Unfortunately, Adobe haven’t got round to an admin website for viewing and editing authorizations.)

Some of the representatives haven't been properly trained and don't know what to do (and claim there is nothing they can do);

in that case the only way seems to be to give up that chat and try another session hoping for a properly trained representative.

If your problem is with another device using Overdrive, Bluefire, Aldiko or similar third party app, it is recommended not to mention that app when on the chat, just mention that you have run out of authorizations  (E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS) .  Thanks to AJP_Bear for that tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines