• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe ID problems

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2009 Jan 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble activating Digital Editions on a new computer because the system doesn't seem to acknowledge my email address.

I have backed-up copies of ebooks on a new computer and am trying to open them with a new copy of Digital Editions downloaded today. But I can't get the software to activate.

I downloaded & launched Digital Editions 1.6 from my computer. Then,
in the Set Up Assistant, I was unsuccessful in authorizing my computer because....

When I enter my email and password I get the following message:
E_AUTH_FAILED

When I click the "forgot your ID?" I get taken to the Adobe ID Assistance page where it says to enter my email address. I've tried the three addresses I usually use and all of them get the error message "we cannot find your address. Try again."

If I try the "forgot your password?" link instead, I get linked to the Adobe Sign In webpage where I entered my email address (I thought). I just get a red message saying that my Adobe ID and password don't match. There is a continue button on the bottom of the page that just gives me the same thing.

I've tried getting more info by online chat support. They finally sent me to phone support. I've lost track of the number of people I've tried to talk to there....I even started trying to talk to supervisors (and overheard him chewing out the support rep that I had pushed into asking for supervisor assistance).

This is impossible. I'm in a circle of disinformation. All I want to do is read the books that I've paid good money for.

Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 16, 2009 Jan 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pamela,
Here is the direct link to the password reset page:
https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/membership/index.cfm?form=pwd&nf=1&nl=1

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2009 Jan 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem in that my e mail ID is not recognised and all avenues take me to the same place that clicking on Jim Lester's link,which is frustrating and leaves me in limbo. I have uninstalled Adobe Digital and reinstalled it but it remembers the previous installation and rejects my ID. This has rendered my new Sony e book useless. I am running Vista, with which Adobe seems to have other conflicts and has caused me grief in the past when reader 8 was updating. It has settled down and I now have Reader 9 installed.
Euan Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 19, 2009 Jan 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Euan,
If you can log in at
https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/membership/index.cfm (note that this a slightly different link than the one above), but are not able to do so in Digital Editions, then you need to open up a support case (http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/ - click on the "Get Support" link)

If you cannot log in on the main web page, then you need to either reset you password (the link I gave to Pamela) or create an AdobeID so that you can do so.

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2009 Jan 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks. I will try this when I have a moment

Euan Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2009 Feb 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jim,
I have a similar problem. I switched to digital editions 1.6 and it kept asking for activation (I have Kaspersky AV so that might have been the reason). I also uninstalled and then installed Digital Editions, but it now says that my e-books are licensed to a different account. The problem is, I don't know how it got to that stage since I had tried to get my ID several times but the sign in kept rejecting my email. To my knowledge, the process was never successfully finished. This also means that both the above links don't work for me and I cannot open a support case since I am unable to create an Adobe ID. When I try 'forget the password' or 'forget ID' it first says that the email doesn't match the password, and then that your database can't find my email. Either way, I'm stuck, so please help me get to my e-books again. I can't get phone support in my region so you're my only hope.
Ivana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 09, 2009 Feb 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ivana,
From https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/membership/index.cfm try the "Forgot the password" link, and enter in what you think is your AdobeID.

It should take you to a second page with the option to get the hint (if you set one) or send an reset email.

If instead it says "Adobe ID and password do not match", then most likely you haven't created an AdobeID with that email address.

At that point go back to the main AdobeID page and click on the "Create an Adobe Account" button and enter in your information with it. This will allow you to request Tech Support from http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions

At that point they should be able to get the information from you to start unravelling what happened on your machine. (Don't try to Authorize Digital Editions with the ID until asked by support, as that will most likely only make things worse).

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2009 Feb 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jim, thanks for the reply, but I've tried all that and I'm still stuck. I get to the part where I fill in the form for the ID and it says there's been an error and marks my e-mail in red. I've tried all my e-mail addresses, and I've even created a new account just for this, but nothing works. I still can't get the ID, and I can't do anything else without it, apparently. Oh, and to make matters worse, I've already tried to authorize Digital Editions, but that was way back before I even wrote to you. I tried to authorize it and that lead to me trying to sign up for the ID and that's how I discovered the ID problem. Right about then I discovered that I can't get to my e-books. I tried everything I could think of and most of the things I read on the support site before I tried the forum. Could it be that I am using web-mail and things like hotmail (that is all I can use for the moment), although I can't see why that would be an issue? I've tried disabling the Kaspersky proxy thing, and it doesn't work. Sorry to be a bother, but is there anything else I can try?
Ivana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 10, 2009 Feb 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting confused here. So let's keep the simple. Your immediate problem for right now, is just getting an AdobeID that you know the password for so that you can log on to the support site (Forget about Digital Editions).

You are saying that for any email address that you have access for:

1.) When you try to reset the password it gives you an error "Adobe ID and password do not match" error

AND

2.) When you try to create a new Adobe ID using that email address you get the error
"This e-mail address is already in use. Please try a different e-mail address."

If this is not what is happening then please describe specifically where (page URL and what you thought you were doing) you are having a problem with the AdobeID, and the specific error message (I suggest copy & paste from the browser).

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2009 Feb 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jim, no wonder you are confused, so am I.
Ok, here's the deal with the ID:
1) I tried to use my e-mail address and it was a dead end, as you know. I tried then to check whether it is in your database by using 'forgot your ID' and I got the response that it is not.
2) I tried to get an ID as a new user, several times.
https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/membership/index.cfm?nl=1&nf=1&loc=en_us
I enter all my information and when I hit 'Continue', I get the response

The following error(s) must be corrected before this form can be completed:

* An error has occurred. Please try again.

and the E-mail field is marked in red. This happens with every e-mail address I try. At the moment I can't switch from web-mail to a different account, so I'm stuck.
I hope this clears it up a bit.
Thank you for being patient.
Ivana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 13, 2009 Feb 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ivana
Unfortunately, I don't know of any more suggestions that I can offer you over the forums (next step would be to start asking for personal information, and I don't want you to give that out over the forums), so I would suggest that you contact Technical Support by Phone. Keep the phone call focussed on you not being able to create an AdobeID, and do not mention Digital Editions (We've had some problems with the phone support staff just brushing off the call at that point, since Digital Editions is not supported by phone).

The phone number for Tech support is available from http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/
You will want the general Technical Support, and not the Customer Service number.

Good Luck
--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2009 Feb 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jim,
thanks for the help and patience. I'll try the phone support when I find the right one for my region. I hope it works out.
Ivana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 13, 2011 Apr 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am also having a problem with id login.  I bought an apple macbook pro which is not compatible with with my sony e-reader and now find myself locked out of my account.  I used a new email address on the mac from my sony vaio but now cannot access any of my purchases on either computer.   Have no idea how to move forward.  What I would like to do is cancel an email address and revert to my sony vaio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines