Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Delete entries from List of Documents

Jun 18, 2007 5:39 AM

How can I delete the entries of document I no longer need to protect through Document Center?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 24, 2007 8:31 PM   in reply to (Patsy_DSouza)
    Great Question !!!! I've been trying to fgure that our for weeks.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2008 10:56 PM   in reply to (Patsy_DSouza)
    I've done some experients to figure out how the ADC works and as a result my document list is a messed with documents that don't even exist anymore. How can I delete them from the list??

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2008 11:42 PM   in reply to (Patsy_DSouza)
    Even when I remove the security of my documents by clicking Advanced>Security>Remove Security, the status of these same documents in the ADC Documents List is still "Protected by Acrobat". Why?

Then when I reapply the security through Advanced>Security>MyPolicy, Acrobat creates an envelope instead of reapplying the security. Hmmmm that's not what I asked Acrobat to do as I don't want any envelope!?!?

Additionally ADC creates a new entry in the Documents List, adding (secured) after the file name. However in reality my file is still not secured as I canceled the creation of the envelope.

Summary:
    -Security removed in Acrobat => not taken into account in ADC
    -Security reapplied in Acrobat => creation of envelope instead
    -File still not secured in Acrobat => but listed as secured in ADC

Any help from Adobe please?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2008 11:49 PM   in reply to (Patsy_DSouza)
    I've tried to reapply the document security this time through Advanced>Security>Show Security Properties and selected MyPolicy, then saved the file.

Result: my file is now (secured) in Acrobat and again a new entry has been created in ADC. Howver, the document name appears in the Documents List without (secured).

Files (secured) in Acrobat but not in ADC and vice-versa... all that is so confusing!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2008 11:57 PM   in reply to (Patsy_DSouza)
    I've got now so many entries in the Documents List for that same single document, listed both as normal and (secured), that I can't manage my documents anymore. No more overview to keep everything under control! I think I better give up and wait for Adobe support.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2008 5:03 AM   in reply to (Patsy_DSouza)
    Reapply the document security this time through Advanced>Security>Show Security Properties and selected MyPolicy, then saved the file.Now the file is in Acrobat and again a new entry has been created in ADC. There can be so many entries in the Documents List for that same single document, listed both as normal and (secured), that I can't manage my documents anymore. No more overview just wait for Adobe support.

Martin Fowl
    | inkjet
    cartridge
    | data recovery
    | data recovery |

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2008 9:22 AM   in reply to (Patsy_DSouza)
    Recently I have made some new entries and never got the opertunity to delete anything so I think you have to right click on that option and click on the delete button.
    Martin Fowl
    | inkjet
    cartridge
    | data recovery
    | data recovery |

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2008 10:28 AM   in reply to (Patsy_DSouza)
    In the current beta, you cannot delete Document Center entries. I note that Document Center file structure will be included in the next release. If that release still does not permit deletions, at least we should be able to create a folder called "Deleted" and store our unwanted files there!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 7, 2008 8:10 AM   in reply to (Patsy_DSouza)
    In the current beta, you cannot delete Document Center entries.
    Yes, I think so.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2009 12:21 PM   in reply to (Patsy_DSouza)
    What version do you have? h e l l o

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 7, 2011 10:02 AM   in reply to (Maelga)

well anyway, I guess in creating this beautiful - really beautiful - software, some practical things had to go.  Like simple deleteing of lists of stuff that is not a file, cannot be used, and cannot be removed from the list.....  You are committed to your error......for ever & ever & ever......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, don't try to 'fill-in' a form from a www.  site.......it doesn't work at all, won't save, move, copy, cut, or print!!!!!

In short, the shortcomings kinda mess up the 'beautiful' parts of PRO X......... oh, ya,  don't use help either.....just like microsoft and google....there isn't any!!! It's a misnomer that software machine writers cannot conceive of in writing the "logic" of the electronic machine....only as good as the hardware and software writers, desingers, and logical thinkers not submissive to the computer machine!

Thanks, anyway....Goodbye, this :-( person not of eletronic air!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)