• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error in PDFX4 2007.joboptions:

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2008 Sep 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed FrameMaker on a new computer. The install appears to be successful, but I always get the following message in Distiller when I try to Save as PDF:

Error in PDFX4 2007.joboptions:
/CheckCompliance out of range

Printing to PDF does not work either.

I have Adobe Acrobat 8 installed and am able to create PDFs from other applications. I also have InDesign CS3 and for awhile thought that might be the problem. Has anyone run into this and have any ideas?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version FM are you installing?

If it's not a rev that was released after Acrobat 8, FrameMaker won't see the current valid job options because the default location for the job options changed.

You can fix this by copying the new job options to the old default folder instead of the new one Adobe Distiller uses (see
http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/333453.html in the Adobe Support
database). I think putting a shortcut from the old location to the new one would also work, but I don't have the problem and so haven't tried it.

Art

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joy,

Are you creating the PDF for a press workflow? Are you using the
correct joboptions file for the print services provider? How are you
using live transparency (which is what this particular joboptions file
is for) in FrameMaker files?

Have you tried different joboptions for creating the PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2008 Sep 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Art,
Thanks for your suggestion. I only had one custom job option, which I created during troubleshooting. I tried copying this job option to the folder under All Users but it still didn't work. I originally just wanted to use the High Quality Print job option or Standard job option and these didn't work.
Thanks,
Joy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arnis,
I have tried several job options. I really just want to create a standard PDF for viewing online or printing by users if they want a print-out. I tried standard, high quality, and then a custom job option that I created in order to switch the Compliance Standard to PDF/A-1b. I had read that it should be this option when doing some research online during troubleshooting. I am not using live transparency and don't even know what that is.
Thanks,
Joy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joy,

Try creating the PDFs without setting any of the compliance standard
options. The "A" standard is for archival purposes and it's a dumbed
down version of a PDF, AFAIK.

You didn't mention what happened when you tried either the standard or
high-quality job options. Did you get a PDF then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 30, 2009 Jan 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why doesn"t pdfx4 2008 work in acrobat 8?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2009 Jan 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably because this spec came out well after Acrobat 8 was released?
For a better response, you may wish to ask this in the Acrobat Forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2009 Mar 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem as Joy is having with the distiller error message. Has anyone found a way to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat,

Don't use the Archive settings. What are you creating the PDF for,
print, online, press... ?

Choose another set of joboptions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only one file in a book is giving me that message when I try to save it individually as pdf. When I save the whole book as a pdf, that troublesome file has no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arnis, what are archive options and how can I use something else? Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
In Distiller when you click on the "Default Settings" dropdown there are many settings to choose from, among them two variations called PDF/A -- these are the "archive option" settings; the "/X" may also be archive.

Basically archive is meant for files that have to meet specific criteria for long term electronic storage. You'll find lots of info when you google "pdf a" and "checkcompliance"

http://www.adobe.com/enterprise/pdfs/pdfarchiving.pdf

http://www.acrobatusers.com/forums/aucbb/viewtopic.php?id=13067

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines