• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 7.2 graphic border issue

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2008 Feb 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also tried this in FrameMaker 8. But the results were same.

I am creating screen shots in Photoshop CS3 and place them into framemaker using Anchored frames. But the border are not applying. In object properties it has been set to 1.0 pt. After producing pdf image looks hanging with no borders.

To rectify this I tried manually adding borders to the graphics file (1px) but after importing and producing PDF the border looks uneven. More thicker on left and top borders.

Please suggest resolution. Thanks in advance

I am using GIF,TIF,PNG changing file format doesnt help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kunal:

I'm not sure I'm interpreting your problem correctly, but it sounds like you want borders around an imported graphic.

If yes, try the following.

Immediately after importing a graphic, FrameMaker leaves the graphic selected. Press, in sequence, "ESC o p" to add a border to the graphic from within FrameMaker.

Use FrameMaker's tool palette (which you can easily open with "ESC 1 w") to adjust the border's characteristics.

Cheers & hope this helps,
Riley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kunal and Riley,

One of Frame's quirks is that the Object Properties dialog box shows a border width, color, etc; however, by themselves, they do nothing. That is, as Kunal is trying to do, setting the border width to anything does not affect the border displayed by the anchored frame. This is because the pen pattern for the border is set to None. As Riley points out, one has to change it to solid in the drawing tools in order for the settings in the Object Properties box to work. If Adobe would pull the pen pattern setting into the Object Properties box, then the other settings would work and make sense. I have worked with Frame for over 15 years, and I just now figured this all out.

Van

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2013 Jun 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this post is old, but I'll ask anyway. I have FrameMaker 11 now. I added the border to my Object style catalog, but then when I apply it to other objects of different size, it resizes the other images. Is there a way to add a border to the Oject style catalog that can be applied to any size image?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seven years after the original post, and this reply probably just saved me hours or days or frustration and rework!

Thank you!!

TStepp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2008 Feb 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot Riely and Van. I am now able to apply borders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines