Expand my Community achievements bar.

Web Service with Eclipse

Former Community Member
Has anyone tried accessing a web service with eclipse? We'd like to start using them with our forms for database lookups and the web services are already written. We just haven't had much success calling them with our servlets.

Thanks,

Chad
3 Replies

Former Community Member
We also wrote web services with eclipse and deployed them in our jboss app.serv. We can call them in our pdf forms as data connection, or inside some events with java script code.

What is your problem about ? Did you manage to deploy the web services ? Can you create data connections inside forms ?

We have faced some difficulties to success writing and caling web services. I may help if you have similar problems.

Former Community Member
Thanks for your response. We have the web services deployed on a seperate server and I am able to access them with other applications. I am just wondering how I can call them from within our Java Servlets.

Thanks!

Former Community Member
So the problem isn't much realted with livecycle, am I right? You want to write a Java Servlet and call the web services you wrote. Unfortunately, we haven't tried such a thing. Searching on the internet might help you :)