Can some one explains to me why this code works under CF5,
the page is returned in fileContent, but under CF7, the fileContent
only contains "connection failure", although the status is reported
as "200 OK".
Also, i'd appreciate if someone could test it under CF8 and
tell mes if the page is returned.
>>same "Connection Failure" with status code 200 on
CF8, i am afraid...
This is definitely something that works with CF5 and is
broken under CFMX.
I can't beieve no one reported this bug before and it is not
corrected after that many years. I have 2 out of 8 pages causing
Please make no mistake, CFHHTTP does work properly most of
the time. The issue in this thread is that for some HTTP addresses,
it works well with CF5 but not in CFMX.
See the first message in this thread, and just try the two
lines code under CFMX.
> Please make no mistake, CFHHTTP does work properly most
of the time. The issue
> in this thread is that for some HTTP addresses, it works
well with CF5 but not
> in CFMX.
> See the first message in this thread, and just try the
two lines code under
Just to confirm: I can browse to the URL you're CFHTTPing
just fine, but
when I CFHTTP it (from same PC), I get "connection failure"
too. So it's
not just something you're doing wrong ;-)
I'm not sure what to suggest by way of solution, though.
I ran into a problem with cfhttp a while back and got some
help here in the forums to come up with the following solution. I
am using 6.1 and can get your cfhttp to work with the following
code. Don't ask me why. Someone else can answer that, but at least
it will work for you.
I know the answer has something to do with the timeout
variable. I begged and begged on the boards for about 3 days before
finding a solution a while back. We would need a super brain like
Ben Forte to explain all the ins and outs of why. Anybody got like
a Ben spotlight super signaler? Calling Ben!
2. In Claude's case the problem was (most likely) in HTTP
response compression, which ColdFusion cannot handle. By adding two
additional headers the compression was disabled. So, CFHTTP started
3. For Amm85. If you continue to ask questions in the same
manner, you will never get the answer. Effectively you say that
something is wrong. Nobody can understand what exactly you mean
under "wrong". If you don't get any error, it means everything is
working. It's another question that it is working in some way you
don't expect, but this usually indicates YOUR problem. CFHTTP works
in CF7. If you cannot access ANY Web-site on your Intranet, it may
simply mean that you have a connectivity problem related to this
4. It is always a good idea to use the timeout parameter,
especially if you are not sure what default value is set in
Ah, wrong decoder ring. Needed Mr. Black. Sorry for the
brevity, but when you don't have a clue it's all you got. I knew it
had something to do with the timeout function.
Mr. Black. How do I determine a good timeout time or is 15
just a good standard timeout time? I always pondered these things
as I considered my plans for world domination.
Seriously. I have been using 15 for my RSS feeds and
sometimes, poof. They are gone and then as suddenly as they were
gone - POOF - they return. Could it be this mysterious timeout
variable. Does it need adjusting, monitoring, or otherwise tweaking
to find the exact element of time for which it will function at its
Thank you, Mr. Black.
~~ Never take life too serious, there just aren't enough
No, CF5 doesn't support compression either. But the server
could add this feature after you moved to CF7, for example. Also,
they might have changes Internet server that differently responses
to presence/absence of the "Accept-Encoding" header. Some servers
assume that if this header is not present, any encoding is
You can experiment with this trying the following scenarios:
1. Do not send this header - will indicate your target server
2. Send "Accept-Encoding: gzip" - should fail in ColdFusion,
if GZIP is supported by target;
3. Send "Accept-Encoding:" - should disable encoding and
ColdFusion should work
4. Send "Accept-Encoding: bla-bla" - should receive error
406, as this is the only encoding you are going to accept and
server does not support it.
Also, the "TE" header in your case disables chunked transfer.
It also can be a problem in CFHTTP. Using both "Accept-Encoding"
and "TE" disables both features on the target, but it doesn't mean
you have both problems.
Hi everyone, I’m experiencing a similar prob but find
that your suggested solutions don’t seem to work for me.
On my remoteserever (CF7.02). it returns 408 Request Time-out
no matter what I do. It just never connects. When submitted from my
local server (cf8 developer) I get connected everytime. I have a
friend with the same host (on a different server) and he has no
probs cfttp’ing to this url with the same code.
your suggestions only to note that none of these suggestions
permitted a successful connection from my remote host. They all
connect immediately from my local host.
I also noted Dan’s quote:
“After some more testing, it appears CFMX 7 reports the
user agent string of "CFSCHEDULE" and not "ColdFusion". This means
you should also add the "CFSCHEDULE" string along with the string
"ColdFusion" to your MIME type exceptions list. “