Expand my Community achievements bar.

Digital Signature in Document Signature field slow

Former Community Member
The business requirement is for users to digital sign a Dynamic PDF. Digital ID's are created using Advanced - Security Settings - Digital ID - Add ID - Create a self-signed digital ID for use with Acrobat - New PKCS#12 digital ID , from Adobe Professional.

In the PDF, the user clicks in a Document Signature field to sign the document. It takes a VERY long time for this signature process to complete.

is there a trick I am missing? Is the slowness due to the way the digital ID was created?
2 Replies

Former Community Member
It shouldn't take long time, actually the way you've created the digital ID lads to the fstest results.

Maybe it is something in your machine or file.

You can mail me your file, and I'll try to sign it myself

Tal

tal@arx.com

Former Community Member
Unfortunately, I cannot forward the form as it contains client data.

I have tested signing another PDF I've created with 2 fields using the same the digital ID's, and the process completed quickly.

Perhaps the problem lies with the size of my form which has 20 pages with 50 fields (on average) per page.

When signing the document, the signature details appear, the "saving file" temporary status bar appears and THEN the hourglass kicks in and takes 5 minutes before control is returned. Is there validation particular to the signing process I can disable? Alternatively, can I specify which pages are certified instead of the entire document?