Expand my Community achievements bar.

Getting rid of all the little T's and D's and e's when viewing

Former Community Member
When I create a PDF in Adobe Designer 7 and populate it with all the controls I'm going to need, depending on the size of the control, like a text box, I will get a little T next to the insertion point of the text when I view the PDF in Adobe reader. If I make the control (any control) smaller than Designer likes, It gives me a red box with a cross on it, on the control... but when viewed in reader I see different labels... T's for text boxes, D's for dropdown lists, e's for, ect and so on. What going on here, and how do I turn this feature off so I can see the PDF free of label tags? If I make the control big enough in designer then the red box w/ a cross will disapear and I get no definition tag when viewing the PDF in reader. Is this something I adjust inside reader or Designer? Please HELP ME, this may be a very amature question, but you never learn until you reveal you ignorance.
2 Replies

Former Community Member
It is probably the caption of the field you wish to disable (I think), if you go to the Layout tab for the object in question you can remove the caption by selecting "None" in the position drop-down

As for the red overflow indicator, the only way to remove this is to format the field correctly. It is telling you the space available will not be large enough to contain the objects value. You need to loo at the font size, margins, or paragraph formating. Font Size would be the first place to look

Former Community Member
Thank you David, your response has been very helpful.