Expand my Community achievements bar.

Error in EmailReceiver and question on timeouts

Former Community Member
Hello All,

I am trying to implement a workflow that starts off with an EmailReceiver (like what Howard has posted about) to kick off the workflow. So, I use the Email Receiver QPAC as step 1 and I start the workflow by invoking it through the web services (http://hostname:8080/services).

I'm suddenly getting this error and cannot tell from the message where the exact issue is:

----------------------------------------------------------------

java.lang.RuntimeException: Start cannot be greater than end

at com.adobe.workflow.tools.qde.utils.XpathExpressionParser.getSubExpression(XpathExpressionParser.java:102)

at com.adobe.workflow.tools.qde.utils.VariableExpressionParser.getSubExpression(VariableExpressionParser.java:68)

at com.adobe.workflow.tools.qde.utils.ExpressionWrapper.hasSubExpression(ExpressionWrapper.java:163)

at com.adobe.workflow.tools.qde.utils.ExpressionWrapper.setProcessDataBinaryValue(ExpressionWrapper.java:213)

at com.adobe.workflow.qpac.emailreceiver.EmailReceiverService.processEmail(EmailReceiverService.java:271)

at com.adobe.workflow.qpac.emailreceiver.EmailReceiverService.runTask(EmailReceiverService.java:100)

at com.adobe.workflow.tools.qde.pat.service.PATAbstractPollingServiceEx.execute(PATAbstractPollingServiceEx.java:87)

at com.adobe.workflow.engine.PEUtil.executeAction(PEUtil.java:184)

at com.adobe.workflow.engine.ProcessEngineBMTBean.executeAction(ProcessEngineBMTBean.java:1457)

at com.adobe.workflow.engine.ProcessEngineBMTBean.asyncExecuteActionCommand(ProcessEngineBMTBean.java:1412)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:683)

at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:185)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:84)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptorBMT.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptorBMT.java:144)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorBMT.invoke(TxInterceptorBMT.java:62)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:72)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:120)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:191)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invoke(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.java:122)

at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer.internalInvoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:331)

at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:723)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.BaseLocalProxyFactory.invoke(BaseLocalProxyFactory.java:359)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.StatelessSessionProxy.invoke(StatelessSessionProxy.java:83)

at $Proxy276.asyncExecuteActionCommand(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.workflow.engine.ProcessCommandControllerBean.onMessage(ProcessCommandControllerBean.java:109)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor301.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at org.jboss.ejb.MessageDrivenContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(MessageDrivenContainer.java:458)

at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:185)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.MessageDrivenInstanceInterceptor.invoke(MessageDrivenInstanceInterceptor.java:62)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:84)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:315)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invoke(
6 Replies

Level 9
Hi

That looks like a fairly old bug. Are you using the latest version of the EmailReceiver? From SDK 703?

Howard

http://www.avoka.com

Former Community Member
Actually, a quick correction to Howard's post. You should use the Email Receiver QPAC from SDK 7.0.4. It was updated in that release.

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
Thanks, I downloaded the new SDK yesterday, so I will give it a try today!

-Jennifer

Former Community Member
Yay! I worked!!!!! I can't believe I spent so much time trying to figure out what was going wrong.

Thanks again!

Jen

Former Community Member
I use the same structure too. How can I start the workflow, which starts off with the emailreceiver, through webservice ?