Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Dynamic Deadline

Former Community Member
Hello,

I would like to set deadline for a task based on some user input on the form. Will anybody point to the appropriate API(s) that I should use.

Any code sample would be also appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Have a nice day,

Yasser M.
3 Replies

Level 9
Hi Yasser

Although it's not obvious, I'm pretty sure that the number of hours or days in the deadline field can actually be an xpath expression. So you could calculate the number of days/hours based on the value in the form, and use that in an xpath expression to specify the deadline.

If you need more sophisticated time calculations (eg number of business days, excluding weekends and holidays), we have a series of QPACs you can use. We also have a beta User qpac that allows you more flexibility in the way that deadlines are calculated - if you're interested, let me know.

Howard

http://www.avoka.com

Former Community Member
Hmmm, do you mean that I can place xpath expression in the "Days", "Hours", and "Minutes" boxes on the property sheet of User QPAC ?

I will try this and let you know the results.

Greetings,

Yasser M.

Level 9
Exactly.

Something like:

{$/process_data/@calculated_days$}

Howard