Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

EmailReceiver QPAC doesn't retrieve 'content-disposition: inline' attachments

Former Community Member
Hi,

[Note: this is kind of a follow-up thread for
Email receiver QPAC does not retrieve attachments other than .jar. Thought, I better post a new thread.]

I experimented quite a lot with the Email Receiver QPAC. Regarding my testing, it seems as though it doesn't recognize attachments from emails, whose
content-disposition is set to 'inline'. In fact, if I set the content-disposition to 'attachment', then the same attachment in the same Email sent via the same Email server is retrieved.

Does anyone experienced this as well?

Does the EmailReceiver QPAC actually retrieve 'content-disposition: inline' attachments?
5 Replies

Level 9
Hi Steve

The email receiver that ships does not support inline.

Please log this as a feature request with support, and they should be able to give you a patch.

You can download an unsupported version of EmailReceiver that does inline attachments at:

http://www.avoka.com/samples/EmailReceiver

Howard

Former Community Member
Hi Howard,

thank you for providing the new version!

We'll contact support then. Since some popular email clients like Thunderbird are set to 'content-disposition: inline' by default but we don't want our users having to adjust their client settings rather trickily, it's pretty important to us that the EmailReceiver actually handles inline attachments.

Regards,

Steve

Level 9
Hi

Please let me know if this version works for you.

Howard

Former Community Member
Yes, it works fine. Thank you very much!

Steve

Level 5
Hi Steve and Howard,

I am running in to similar issue with EmailReceiver QPAC. But could not locate sample that Howard is referring to. I guess that URL has changed. I appreciate if one of you can forward me the sample or QPAC at meetsekharv@yahoo.com.

Thanks in advance,

SekharN