Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

LDAP and Active Directory

Jun 19, 2006 8:32 AM

I'm experiencing difficulties in connecting my 2003 Active Directory with Workflow Server. I'm fairly new so any help would be great. Keep getting "unable to connect to service" when i "test server". Thinking it might be something to do with the bind path. I created an adobe user with all admin rights to use as the bind user...

name cn=adobe_wf, ou=WorkFlow, ou=Users, ou=Empire, dc=pens, dc=xxx, dc=xxx
password xxxxx

2006-06-19 03:00:59,998 INFO [org.quartz.core.JobRunShell] Job QUARTZ_JOBGROUP_IDP.DIRSYNC_JOB threw a JobExecutionException:
org.quartz.JobExecutionException: A full directory sync initiated through a cron setting or a user-initiated `Sync Now' action in the web console failed to start due to some other running job. This exception indicates that the full directory sync will be rescheduled to run as soon as possible.
atcom.adobe.idp.common.scheduler.DirectorySyncJob.executeSyncInitiate( DirectorySyncJob.java:143)
atcom.adobe.idp.common.scheduler.DirectorySyncJob.execute(DirectorySyn cJob.java:89)
at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:191)
atorg.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool. java:516)
2006-06-19 03:01:00,045 INFO [STDOUT] dbDomain:pens.xxx.xxxisLfalsedbSSSTARTED
2006-06-19 03:01:00,045 INFO [com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.directoryservices.DirectorySynchroniz ationManagerBean] UserM:: [Thread: DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-4, hc: 17023149 ]---->Sync: Start reading users in domain: pens.xxx.xxx
2006-06-19 03:01:00,060 WARN [com.adobe.idp.common.errors.exception.IDPLoggedException] UserM:GENERIC_WARNING: [Thread: DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-4, hc: 17023149 ]com.adobe.idp.common.errors.exception.IDPLoggedException| [com.adobe.idp.um.provider.directoryservices.LDAPDirectoryPrincipalPr oviderImpl] errorCode:13313 errorCodeHEX:0x3401 message:preparing query type search chainedException:javax.naming.NamingException: [LDAP: error code 1 - 00000000: LdapErr: DSID-0C090627, comment: In order to perform this operation a successful bind must be completed on the connection., data 0, vece ]; remaining name ''chainedExceptionMessage:[LDAP: error code 1 - 00000000: LdapErr: DSID-0C090627, comment: In order to perform this operation a successful bind must be completed on the connection., data 0, vece ] chainedException trace:javax.naming.NamingException: [LDAP: error code 1 - 00000000: LdapErr: DSID-0C090627, comment: In order to perform this operation a successful bind must be completed on the connection., data 0, vece ]; remaining name ''

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 20, 2006 5:48 AM   in reply to (ian_fagan)
    If you were to use an LDAP utility, such as LDAP Browser (http://www.ldapadministrator.com/download/index.php) are your connection settings yielding expected results? You can use this tool to obtain the exact binding information that should be provided.

Is your version of Active Directory a vanilla deployment or has the schema been modified? If modified, you will need to accommodate for the values you provide in the configuration panel.

Does your Active Directory Server support anonymous access? If so, you can also use anonymous to confirm connection before providing a specific account for connectivity.

Cheers,
    Val@Adobe

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2009 11:09 AM   in reply to (ian_fagan)
    Have you found a fix for this? I am seeing this now.

Thanks,

John

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 12, 2010 7:59 AM   in reply to johnqdaily

We just had this problem this morning.  Suddenly, users cannot log in.  My only guess is that the latest M$ security updates are causing the problem.  A bunch were just installed yesterday.  The server hasn't been rebooted yet.  I'm hoping a reboot will fix the issue.  Did anyone else have this problem with the recent updates?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)