Expand my Community achievements bar.

Attach TIF file to form

Former Community Member
Is there a way to allow users to attach a TIF file to a form through the file system? We are doing a Personel Reimbursement form and want users to be able to scan document(s) and then attach them to the form before it is submitted.

Thanks.

Mary
9 Replies

Former Community Member
Mary,

You do have the ability to attached files through the jfenvelope ctrl ( process level ) which is a separate ActiveX control from the Adobe Form control.

To invoke, open the jwf file, right-click on an open area and choose Properties. Now select the Attachment Tab on the property sheet and check 'Permit the user to add attachments'.

Jon

Former Community Member
Thank you. I set it up in the jwf file. Now, how do users actually attach files when they are running the form?

Former Community Member
The jfenvelope Control will be loaded next time the users access the process thru WebAccess. To insert they will have to click the Insert button, which opens a windows file dialog box and then manually add the attachment.

Former Community Member
I am getting ready to deploy an application that allows attachments to all of our current Workflow users. When users in my test group run the form, they have a red X in the attachment box to the right of the Insert button at the bottom of the form. If I click on Insert, they get the message "Cannot insert attachments. The ActiveX control was not properly installed and activated". How can I install and activate this for all of my users?

Thanks in advance.

mary

Former Community Member
Are they using IE as browser? Is their security configured to download ActiveX control? Is this Intranet or Internet solution?

You can also drag the file from File System/Desktop to the attachment box.

Former Community Member
Peter -- thanks for your quick response. We use IE as browser. Security was not configured to allow download of ActiveX control. I enabled it for one user who had not run this before, and got a message asking if I wanted to install and run Workflow Envelope Control. I clicked Yes and all was well.

For other users who have brought up this form with the attachment in the past and have gotten the X and the error message, if I enable the ActiveX items under Security>Local Intranet>Custom Level (I enabled everything) the install message does not appear. So I am not sure how to install for them.

This is an intranet solution.

We want it to be easy for the users and think that we would rather have them use the attach button.

Thanks.

Mary

Former Community Member
Assuming you defined your Intranet sites in the [Sites] list in Intranet, try to clear the temporary Internet files (cache).

Former Community Member
We want to be able to install the activeX envelope control through prisim. Is that possible? Our users don't have the ability, because they don't have Admin rights, to click Yes to install the envelope control themselves. Is there a way we can install it automatically for them?

Thank you!

Mary

Former Community Member
Try this, in this dir there is jfITEnvelopeCtrl.cab

\Program Files\Adobe\Workflow Server\WebAccess\Web\CabFiles

Unzip all files to C:\WINNT\Downloaded Program Files (or \system32) then regsvr32 jfITenvelopectrl.dll on the user's machine.

The DLL file version should be 6.2.129.0 (latest that I know of)

If it's installed by IE, you will see jfEnvelope Class installed in this directory which you can use Update/Remove and see the path of the original server that it's installed from.

C:\WINNT\Downloaded Program Files