Expand my Community achievements bar.

Searching

Former Community Member
I am trying to find a good way to locate users work items when I need to. If I have the instance ID I can of course find them. If I know the day I can find them eventually but I have to sort through a number of them. In the Advanced Query screen I noticed five fields - CustomTitle 1 - 5. I see you can set the relationship (e.g., 'is equal to') and the value. But how and where do I define what this field is? Or is there another way I can search through a specific text field in the form?

Thanks much!

Mary
3 Replies

Former Community Member
Mary,

According to the documentation, (JSCRIPT.PDF) you can change the values for the process custom fields by using following syntax

WorkItem.attributes.item("Custom1") = WorkItem.getFieldValue("FieldData");

You can also rename the custom fields, but then you obviously would have to update the code to reflect the new name.

Hope this helps,

Sanna

Former Community Member
WRT the setup of form fields for searching; launch the Adobe Workflow Designer, select File \ Properties to launch the property sheet for the map. Click on 'Search Fields' tab; this will retrieve a complete listing of all form fields. Mark with a check the ones you wish to search on and update it's caption if need be. Resave the process map to AWS db.

Note: If you do not receive a list of form fields this means the map is linked to the HTML Stub instead of the XFT.

Now, within the WA Advance Search page, select the process to which you just updated; a drop-down will appear above the Custom Search Fields, populated with the form fields that were selected. You can only search on one field at a time using set search criteria.

Former Community Member
From time to time I see the key or search fields not populated. Any idea why?