Expand my Community achievements bar.

Sub-Processes

Former Community Member
How many of you have used Sub-Processes in WF Designer?

Is this function robust or buggy?

It seems that we need to place all .jwf files in the same Application, does this mean we need to duplicate the same .jwf subprocess files across different Application that use it?
6 Replies

Former Community Member
Depends on your definition of robust...

It has some benefits but still has a lot of draw backs. You can only link a subprocess to a parent if the child exists in the same application directory.

If that doesn't fit into your business requirements then my advise is to use the SDK to instantiate the child process of your choice.

Former Community Member
Robust meaning that it is doing what it's designed to do, and not fail to return to parent, or fail to store data, etc.

What are other draw backs besides having to keep the child process in the same directory (which I can live with)?

Have you used SDK?

Former Community Member
Draw backs that come to mind...

- Child must exist in same process as parent

- Can only instantiate a single child process

Yes I have used the EPSDK (API).

Former Community Member
Jon,

Do you have an example of "If that doesn't fit into your business requirements then my advise is to use the SDK to instantiate the child process of your choice."

Thanks,

Bill

Former Community Member
Bill,

Check out the discussion under Adobe Workflow Server entitled 'Has anyone used external COM APIs to interact with WF?' This should answer your question.

Jon