Expand my Community achievements bar.

Formless step or task

Former Community Member
I would like to create a task that calls an external dll to asynchronously write values to another server. The next task would check the other server for success and release to the next step or route back to previous step if the writing failed.

Has anyone done this before?
2 Replies

Former Community Member
Haven't done this but the next script task could check for the status of job, it could be in-progress, success, or fail, which you'd have 3 different actions and routes. If it's in-progress, in script task you could let it wait 5 minutes before routing to itself again for status check. (or it could have its own internal loop)

I don't know if Adobe WF process uses multiple threads to process multiple workflow processes at the same time. Waiting for x number of minutes MIGHT prevent other processes from being completed (let us know what you find out).

Script task does not have onReminder event to set up an internal timer unless you want to set up an User task and assign some system user as participate and set up OnReminder event to check for the status.

Former Community Member
Peter touched on some good points here - however I wouldn't recommend using a loop within a script task. Rather if you need to wait for a certain period of time while your DLL runs then you possibly could try calling a sub-procedure within the parent process.

The subprocdure would consist of a user task that would have a single deadline action set to 10 mins; this would forward the workitem to a script task which checks for a return. If succesful then return to the parent process if not do something else...