Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Email receiver QPAC does not retrieve attachments other than .jar

Mar 13, 2006 6:35 AM

Hi,

I'm currently experimenting with the email receiver QPAC. Unfortunately, I didn't succeed in convincing the QPAC to retrieve attachments. The QPAC's testing-tab indicates "Attachment Count:0" for .xml, .pdf, .xdp and even for image type files. Weirdly, .jar-attachments are retrieved indeed!

Also the QPAC seems to mix emails using the subject of one mail and the body of another, if there are multiple emails on the server. Furthermore, the field "received date" always reads "null".

Has anyone had the same problem using the email receiver QPAC?
I'm quite frustrated after a week of testing. :-(

Sincerely,
Steve

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 14, 2006 1:27 AM   in reply to (Steve_Woodruff)
    Hi Steve

Make sure you're email EmailReceiver from the latest Workflow SDK (7.0.2).

Try leaving the mime type and attachment name blank - the mime type, in particular, is not always set to what you think it should be by the email clients.

Have you gotten the test tab working - this is often a very good way of testing basic functionality? You do however, need to add the Javamail libraries to the classpath in order to get this working. This is not supported in the default install - how to do this is described in a document you can download from the Avoka web site. Download the SQPLus QPAC at: http://www.avoka.com/avoka/qpac_library.shtml

I find it very unlikely that subject and body are being mixed up - please retest this. I will run some tests on the received-date.

If you're still having problems, repost on this forum.

Regards,
    Howard
    http://www.avoka.com

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2006 3:58 AM   in reply to (Steve_Woodruff)
    Hi Steve
    The "Not Found!" implies that either there was no attachment, or no matching attachment. Please make both the name and mime type of your required attachment blank, and see if that works.

I've also built a small sample for the EmailReceiver QPAC.
    It consists of a form whose data you can submit as an attachment to an email to a POP account. A workflow then pulls the data from the email, and populates a form variable. It then assigns the form to a user for review.

You can download the workflow, the form and an updated version of the EmailReceiver QPAC from:
    http://www.avoka.com/samples/EmailReceiver

You will need to make some minor modifications to the form and the workflow to point it at your own custom email account. I suggest you experiment with a test email account if possible, just in case.

Regards,
    Howard

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 16, 2006 3:47 AM   in reply to (Steve_Woodruff)
    Hi

Glad you've clarified your problem with EmailReceiver.

The problem you're describing above is nothing to do with EmailReceiver - it's actually happening in a SetValue qpac.
    What are you trying to achieve?

Howard

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 16, 2006 3:49 AM   in reply to (Steve_Woodruff)
    Oops, it looks like that's my sample you're trying to run.
    I think I uploaded the wrong version - will check asap and resubmit.
    Apologies for the confusion.
    Howard

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2006 3:19 PM   in reply to (Steve_Woodruff)
    I've updated the sample workflow at:
    http://www.avoka.com/samples/EmailReceiver/
    Please try this one.
    Apologies for the confusion.

FYI, the problem with the original workflow is that the SetValue qpac does not support implicitly converting a string variable to a form variable. Hence the coercion exception.
    The fix on the EmailReceiver is to implement this functionality into the EmailReceiver - i.e. The email receiver now allows you to save an attachment (must be an XDP file) directly into a form variable.

Howard

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2006 3:25 AM   in reply to (Steve_Woodruff)
    Hi
    Firstly, make sure you change the sample workflow to use your own email server, username and password. Then...

To start a workflow as a service, you need to do two things:
    1. Click on the "Web Service Access" checkbox in the Workflow properties (right click on the workflow, and select Workflow Properties).
    2. Start the JBoss server with services enabled, as follows:
    In order to enable the /services (web-services) web application, you need to add the following line to the run.bat that starts JBoss. (Find this in the jboss/bin directory.)

-Dadobe.workflow.service.test.enabled=true

In the file, search for the -D line, and append this. i.e.
    set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Dprogram.name=%PROGNAME% -Dadobe.workflow.service.test.enabled=true
    You'll need to run jboss from the run.bat file instead of as a service (stop the NT service first)

To do this for JBoss running as an NT service, you need to tweak the registry.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSetxxx\Services\JBoss for Adobe LiveCycle\Parameters
    New String Value: JVM Option Number 4: -Dadobe.workflow.service.test.enabled=true
    JVM Option Count: Increment to 5

Good luck...
    Howard

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2006 2:35 PM   in reply to (Steve_Woodruff)
    Hi
    One simple workaround to your init-form-problems.
    Create a simple workflow, with only one step - a Chain. The Chain can invoke the real workflow, passing a blank for as a parameter. You invoke the dummy workflow from your webservice, and because it doesn't have an in-parameter, you have no problems.
    Howard

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    Jun 26, 2007 11:55 PM   in reply to (Steve_Woodruff)
    hi folks,

in a dyn. form i have a e-mail button. After clicking you get an attachment. This attachment name will be create randomized, but i want to set the attachment name myself.

Can anyone tell me how to modify the attachment name or set it d
    dynamically?

Thanks in adv!

Djinges

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2007 3:21 AM   in reply to (Steve_Woodruff)
    Hi
    I don't believe it is possible to control the filename. Sorry.
    However, you've posted this in the wrong forum - you may get a better answer if you post in LiveCycle Designer.
    Howard
    http://www.avoka.com

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)