Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Wacom Tablet use with Lightroom 2

Sep 29, 2008 8:11 AM

Recently I contacted Adobe Technical Support and to my supprise the Wacom Graphics Tablet in not compatible with LR 2. I would like to see the feature added to LR2...

Thank, Frank Collins

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 29, 2008 8:46 AM   in reply to (Frank_Collins)
    Is it Wacom or adobe that should support wacom graphics tablet in LR2? I think it might be wacom software that isn't compatible with LR2, and they need to make it compatible.

I don't think adobe made wacom tablets compatible with photoshop; I think it was wacom that made the tablet interface compatible.

Maybe you should talk to Wacom tech support.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 29, 2008 9:32 AM   in reply to (Frank_Collins)
    What were the problems you are having...

My main problem is the zoom in, zoom out (tap to zoom in works, but tapping again to go out wants to drag the image - an optional split second delay before a tap is registered as a move in LR would help, in case Adobe is listening...) though pressure sensitivity would be useful too for the paint too. The zoom in zoom out is such a problem that I revert to standard mouse in LR.

I have a feeling its oversight, or lack of time to add that functionality by Adobe. Wacom's been around for awhile, and is compatible with normal Photoshop, so Adobe clearly knows how to program to make use of it. Wacom doesn't have to update itself every time a new application comes out.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 30, 2008 7:50 AM   in reply to (Frank_Collins)
    Well Frank you have done what you can with adobe, you have talk to technical support and posted here. If you feel this is a Adobe issue that's great.

If this is important to you; I don't think it would hurt to contact wacom technical support, and see if there is anything on their end. Worst case, they tell you that it is and adobe issue; best case, they fix the problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 30, 2008 3:17 PM   in reply to (Frank_Collins)
    I'm on Windows XP with Sp3 and a new Dell system. I have been using a Wacom Tablet for years and have no problems with LightRoom 2.1 or previous versions including CS3. The tablet is an Intuos Intelligent Graphcs Tablet system (6" x 8") The only problem that I do have with LightRoom and CS3 is that it does not always zoom in and out like it is supposed to. Everything else is ok. BTW, I would check with Wacom on your tablet system as there was an updated driver for mine dated the 25 Sept 08, which I d/l and installed.

Tunney

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 8, 2008 8:46 AM   in reply to (Frank_Collins)
    so at this date, I understand LR 2.1 does not support Wacom graphics tablet and pen? This means, no pen pressure recognition with the brush correcting tool, am I correct?

Just wanna be sure before I purchase the tablets which primary use would be the LR brush tool.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 1, 2009 8:21 AM   in reply to (Frank_Collins)

Did anyone ever find a solution to this?  Just got a Wacom Bamboo tablet and I can't get the zoom out to work (LR 2.5) - exactly as described here.

Ian.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)