Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Font selection shortcut?

May 4, 2007 3:19 AM

Hi!

Has anyone figured out how to reliably get to a font, way down in the list? I have MANY fonts, and the default position of the font menu is to show the recently selected & current font names at the top, separated by a line, and then the full alpha list below.

I need often to get to fonts WAY DOWN the list... there must be a way to do this in FW!!!

This has been a problem in every FireWorks version, and I had hoped it would have been tweaked for this incarnation.

Hoping to hear from y'all!
Peter
 
Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 4, 2007 3:52 AM   in reply to palurie
    Does this help at all?

    http://www.senocular.com///fireworks/extensions.php?id=0.45

    Peter
    __________________
    "palurie" <peter.lurie@luxartis.com> wrote in message
    news:f1f1b7$eej$1@forums.macromedia.com...
    | Hi!
    |
    | Has anyone figured out how to reliably get to a font, way down in the
    list? I
    | have MANY fonts, and the default position of the font menu is to show the
    | recently selected & current font names at the top, separated by a line,
    and
    | then the full alpha list below.
    |
    | I need often to get to fonts WAY DOWN the list... there must be a
    way
    | to do this in FW!!!
    |
    | This has been a problem in every FireWorks version, and I had hoped it
    would
    | have been tweaked for this incarnation.
    |
    | Hoping to hear from y'all!
    | Peter
    |


     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 4, 2007 4:28 AM   in reply to palurie
    PJR wrote:

    > Does this help at all?
    >
    > http://www.senocular.com///fireworks/extensions.php?id=0.45

    Doesn't help me. :-) I think what Peter is looking for is the extension
    that restored the old type font listing function from earlier versions
    of Fireworks, where the list would open at the last font used. I know
    there's one out there somewhere because I've used it. Unfortunately, I
    lost it when I switched machines and don't know where to find it again.
    If anyone knows, please post a URL.


    --
    Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.projectseven.com
    Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
    CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
    http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/
    --------------------------------------------------------------
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 4, 2007 6:32 AM   in reply to palurie
    Here you go Linda,

    http://www.senocular.com/pub/fireworks/Recent%20Fonts.jsf

    alex

    Linda Rathgeber **Adobe Community Expert - Fireworks** wrote:
    > PJR wrote:
    >
    >> Does this help at all?
    >>
    >> http://www.senocular.com///fireworks/extensions.php?id=0.45
    >
    > Doesn't help me. :-) I think what Peter is looking for is the extension
    > that restored the old type font listing function from earlier versions
    > of Fireworks, where the list would open at the last font used. I know
    > there's one out there somewhere because I've used it. Unfortunately, I
    > lost it when I switched machines and don't know where to find it again.
    > If anyone knows, please post a URL.
    >
    >
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 4, 2007 7:38 AM   in reply to palurie
    Alex Mariño wrote:

    > Here you go Linda,
    >
    > http://www.senocular.com/pub/fireworks/Recent%20Fonts.jsf

    Thanks, Alex. Where do I put it? :-)

    --
    Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.projectseven.com
    Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
    CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
    http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/
    --------------------------------------------------------------
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 4, 2007 7:39 AM   in reply to palurie
    In the Commands directory -

    Linda Rathgeber **Adobe Community Expert - Fireworks** wrote:
    > Alex Mariño wrote:
    >
    >> Here you go Linda,
    >>
    >> http://www.senocular.com/pub/fireworks/Recent%20Fonts.jsf
    >
    > Thanks, Alex. Where do I put it? :-)
    >
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 4, 2007 7:57 AM   in reply to palurie
    Alex Mariño wrote:

    > In the Commands directory -

    It's not working. :-(

    --
    Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.projectseven.com
    Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
    CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
    http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/
    --------------------------------------------------------------
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 4, 2007 8:01 AM   in reply to palurie
    Linda Rathgeber **Adobe Community Expert - Fireworks** wrote:

    > Alex Mariño wrote:
    >
    >> In the Commands directory -
    >
    >
    > It's not working. :-(

    It works. I hadn't set it to 0. :-)


    --
    Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.projectseven.com
    Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
    CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
    http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/
    --------------------------------------------------------------
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 4, 2007 8:27 AM   in reply to palurie
    :)

    Linda Rathgeber **Adobe Community Expert - Fireworks** wrote:
    > Linda Rathgeber **Adobe Community Expert - Fireworks** wrote:
    >
    >> Alex Mariño wrote:
    >>
    >>> In the Commands directory -
    >>
    >>
    >> It's not working. :-(
    >
    > It works. I hadn't set it to 0. :-)
    >
    >
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 5, 2007 4:59 AM   in reply to palurie
    Peter,

    When your run the command there is the option to enter a value which
    corresponds with how many fonts you want FW to remember at the top of
    the list. If you set the value to 0, FW will take you to the last Font
    selected in the drop down, not to the top of the list which a some folks
    find annoying.

    alex

    palurie wrote:
    > Actually, folks... what I REALLY was looking for was a function like the Font
    > Selection in InDesign... or even (may I say it softly... "Word")... where one
    > can somewhere type a letter, and the font pop-up menu in FWx would open at that
    > letter in the list...
    >
    > Thank you for the extention/command... Linda, what did you mean "I hadn't set
    > it to 0" ?
    >
    > Many thanks,
    > Peter
    >
    > PS: Maybe this should be on my Wish List for next FW?
    >
     
    |
    Mark as:

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

  • 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points