Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop 8 Crashes.

Nov 17, 2008 5:25 PM

I'm running Mac OS 10.4.11 on an Imac Intel 2.16. I have 188GB left on the HD and at least the same on the Scatch Disk. Photoshop 8 crashes after only a few procedures

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 17, 2008 5:34 PM   in reply to (Anthony_Aviles)
    you are running in emulation you really need native software upgrade to CS4 while you still can

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 17, 2008 6:14 PM   in reply to (Anthony_Aviles)
    To be clearer...

Photoshop CS runs using Apple Rosetta application to emulate a PPC Macintosh. Because Photoshop CS is not a Universal Binary, you may experience performance issues on an Intel-based Mac. In addition, the newer your operating system the more issues with older software you may encounter.

The upgrade part of Buko's post refers to the fact that if you do not upgrade Photoshop CS, you will not be eligible for future Photoshop upgrades.

That being posted, Have you tired anything at all in terms of system maintenance to improve performance?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2008 6:13 AM   in reply to (Anthony_Aviles)
    If you have a Creative Suite then you must upgrade to a creative suite.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2008 6:37 AM   in reply to (Anthony_Aviles)
    Photoshop is Photoshop. if you want Photoshop extended which can handle some 3D object files you will need a premium suite.

to see the differences between the suites you will need to compare the products on the Adobe Website.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2008 8:34 AM   in reply to (Anthony_Aviles)
    You are using Photoshop CS1 on a MacIntel for which it was never designed.

If you upgrade to CS4, you will have a program that has been designed to run on your kind of computer.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2008 8:50 AM   in reply to (Anthony_Aviles)
    CS1 is not native to the Intel chip and has to be run in an emulator. everyone who ran CS and CS2 on a Macintel had problems with some or all of the pre Intel software.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2008 9:56 AM   in reply to (Anthony_Aviles)
    Yes. But the time for upgrading to CS3 is past.

If you are going to upgrade, you would be crazy to install anything other than CS4.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2008 10:40 AM   in reply to (Anthony_Aviles)
    You can still get CS3 upgrades from Amazon.

However, CS3 has some minor UI issues with OS 10.5.5. If you are running Apple's lated OS, you'd be better off upgrading to CS4.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2008 6:37 AM   in reply to (Anthony_Aviles)
    >However, CS3 has some minor UI issues with OS 10.5.5.

CS3 was designed under Tiger and It was not until 6 months after CS3 was released that Leopard was released.

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    Oct 23, 2011 7:19 PM   in reply to (Anthony_Aviles)

Not a reply but a question.  I sthere any point to upgrading Elements.  My elements 8 Organizer is a disasterand I see the same from others. If  I get whatever...Elements 10. will it solve the problem or same old same old ?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 23, 2011 10:07 PM   in reply to MacBetherie

This is the Photoshop forum. You'd have better luck asking your question in the Elements forum, and not attaching your question to an unrelated topic.

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    Oct 24, 2011 5:29 AM   in reply to Chris Cox

Thank you so much. WAs misdirected by Adobe. Appreciate your reply and will

do that.s.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)