• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to revert back to Flash 7?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2007 Feb 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last night I 'upgraded' from Adode Flash 7 to 9 in Netscape 7.2. I don't wish to use any other browser and if I uninstall Flash 9 it gets rid of Flash altogether and there's no Flash 7 on this website.

I've never had the sound problem that some seem to suffer here with Youtube, but now with embedded videos it just makes Netscape crash and it's so frustrating.

How do I get back to Flash 7 which I was on before, please?

Thanks in advance,

Dom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 27, 2007 Feb 27, 2007
Got it here as I didn't realise it was called "Macromedia Flash Player 7" rather than Adobe.

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html#fp7

Now everything works in Netscape 7.2 nicely (well, not Flash 9 but I can do that in IE6 following the other link given), and that's no thanks to Adobe's so-called customer support, the useless shower!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2007 Feb 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just had a reply from Adobe but it's worse than useless as it doesn't answer my question and doesn't even point to an old version (Flash 7) which is what I wanted. Can anyone help please? This is driving me up the wall and Adobe don't care.

I've tried that standalone program but it's IE only and not Netscape.

Thanks in advance,

Dom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2007 Feb 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it here as I didn't realise it was called "Macromedia Flash Player 7" rather than Adobe.

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html#fp7

Now everything works in Netscape 7.2 nicely (well, not Flash 9 but I can do that in IE6 following the other link given), and that's no thanks to Adobe's so-called customer support, the useless shower!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2007 Mar 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

DVDfever, this post should be pinned to the top of the forum. I upgraded my old Firefox/RedHat combo to Flash 9 and now it promptly crashes upon encoutering Flash content. I tried for 30 minutes to find old versions of Flash Player on this site to no avail. Seriously, Adobe should fire their support people, dock the pay of their web designers, and give all the left-over money to you.

*Runs off to downgrade back to Flash 7*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines