Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

AME 4.0.2 update....

Mar 5, 2009 10:03 PM

Hey kids...there's an AME update, and guess what - it looks like the export to Quicktime with Animation codec as been fixed...among other things.

Now if we can just get that PPro 4.1 update...

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 5, 2009 10:27 PM   in reply to Eric1138
    i dont see an AME 4.0.2 anywhere....

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 5, 2009 10:49 PM   in reply to Eric1138
    o i see, thank you

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2009 1:49 AM   in reply to Eric1138
    Hi all,

AME CS4.0.2 is now available as an updater from Help>Updates...This update fixes the following QuickTime bugs:

- Quicktime output with Photo JPEG codec is very poor in quality
    - Quicktime output with Animation codec is of poor quality
    - Quicktime output with H.264 codec is of poor quality
    - Quicktime output with QT None codec is very poor in quality
    - AME crashes when exporting to QT H.264 with QT source when the Video is shorter than the Audio
    - Export to AME Quicktime H264 hangs if work area includes any non-video.

Note: The default bit depth for QT Animation, QT None is set at 8 bit which needs to be changed to 24 bit or 32 bit (for Alpha) to get better quality. This setting can be saved as a AME preset for further use.
    This bug is planned to be fixed in a future update for Premiere.

Thanks
    Aurobinda

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2009 6:43 AM   in reply to Eric1138
    thank you Adobe.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2009 6:47 AM   in reply to Eric1138
    I couldn't find it on the site. My machine with productivity apps, including all my Adobe apps, is not connected to the internet, so I can't use Updates that way. Anyone have a link to it.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2009 7:17 AM   in reply to Eric1138
    Don,

Standalone updates don't usually show up on the website for download for a couple of days to about two weeks following those pushed out via the Updater. Lately, they've been on the shorter side, though.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2009 8:15 AM   in reply to Eric1138
    We're smoking Adobe's servers. I think a lot of people are downloading. We have a T1 and it's estimated that 171.6 MB will take nearly an hour.

At about 1/2 way through, All I've seen is PhotoShop updates. Can't stand the suspense. Is Media Encoder coming up next?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2009 9:24 AM   in reply to Eric1138
    The one thing that I was hoping for in this release was the ability to 'stretch to fit' an output. I deal with a lot of anamorphic material and sometimes have a 720x480 source that I need to make 16x9. Also, sometimes, I need to crop a few pixels from the sides, but still want my output as a 4x3. Whenever I do this in AME 4, I get black bars on the sides, or top and bottom. All other versions of Flash Video Encoder allowed a stretch to fit by default, but for some reason they dropped in in AME 4. Are there any plans to re-add a stretch option?!?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2009 10:12 AM   in reply to Eric1138
    I don't think that was ever an option via Premiere.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2009 2:52 PM   in reply to Eric1138
    I tested it out and it works good. No speed improvements at all, but nice to to qt and animation back without having to go to AE.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2009 3:14 PM   in reply to Eric1138
    >I tested it out and it works good. No speed improvements at all, but nice to to qt and animation back without having to go to AE.

Josh...if you are up to it...would you mind testing to see if you can over ride an existing file?

Thanks!

I cant upgrade until the stand alone is released.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2009 8:29 PM   in reply to Eric1138
    What do you mean exactly? I'll try but you have to explain.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2009 9:16 PM   in reply to Eric1138
    Export a sample clip as mpeg2-DVD. Then export it again to the same directory and the same name. When it asks you to overwrite it go ahead and say yes. When it opens the AME hit the start button and see if it will encode again. In the version I have it will not encode. It gives me an error in the dialog box.

Thanks! I appreciate it!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2009 9:45 PM   in reply to Eric1138
    I had a second so I did this test for you here's what it does for me:
    I exported a sample 30 sec. clip with the default MPEG2-DVD settings then exported again and while in PP I selected the file name link, and re-selected the file I had just save so that I would be prompted with the replace dialog. I was, hit ok, and it opened AME. I hit start and it encoded fine the weird thing is, it didn't replace the file, it added an _1 to the end of it.
    OK, just to make sure I wasn't going crazy, I did it again and got the same result.
    SO, next, I exported the same clip but this time I waited until AME opened and then from within AME I selected the file name link and selected the same file name and again was prompted to replace file. I hit encode and it did the same thing but of course, it was a _2 it added this time.
    I guess it's better then a crash!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2009 5:41 AM   in reply to Eric1138
    >AME I selected the file name link and selected the same file name and again was prompted to replace file. I hit encode and it did the same thing but of course, it was a _2 it added this time.
    I guess it's better then a crash!

Oops! I forgot to mention in the AME Preferences you need to un-check of the save incremental files...that way it will not add the number to it. Sorry!

Thanks a lot for trying Ishawn!! If you get a chance can you try it after changing the preferences?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2009 6:05 AM   in reply to Eric1138
    lshawn - this is actually a preference settings in AME. Launch the preferences via menu "Edit --> Preferences" and deselect the "Increment output file name if file with same name exists" checkbox, if you do want the files to be replaced.

tlc51369 - what is the error msg you see. I believe i may know what the issue is. Since you are making MPEG2-DVD, the final output is actually unmuxed files (m2v & wav file). When you try and repeat this and ask for the existing file name to be replaced, the question asked to you is only for the m2v file. The error msg u would see is for the audio file i assume. You could place the new output file at a different location to bypass this issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2009 8:21 AM   in reply to Eric1138
    Have enough people updated to AME 4.0.2 without issue to feel comfortable with the upgrade? I'd love to know if they've fixed the MJPEG, 30-second before stopping limit, but I have a project due soon and can't risk finding out if there's some new problem in the uncompressed output workflow I'm presently using.

TIA,

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2009 5:09 PM   in reply to Eric1138
    OK, changed that pref. setting and re-rendered with your original instruction set.
    After removing the increment save, I tried it both ways again ( first setting the name in PP and then in AME both times making sure to trigger the replace dialoged ) and in both cases it errored out.
    The error message is exactly as described above:
    You do not have permission to create or delete the output file
    And at the very bottom of the error message it states that my .wav file already exists and cannot be over written. So, as Saran stated, it is actually is the audio file that is causing the problem.
    I guess for now, youll have to continue saving in a different directory, as stated above, if you want to keep the file name the same.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2009 7:06 PM   in reply to Eric1138
    Or manually delete the one you don't want before exporting it again.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2009 7:46 AM   in reply to Eric1138
    >Or manually delete the one you don't want before exporting it again.

That is what I am doing but it would be a lot easier to just over write. Always having to delete the file first is to many key strokes for something that worked fine in 2.0.

Thanks to everybody for testing this for me. I appreciate your time on this!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2009 8:15 AM   in reply to Eric1138
    The exports I've been doing are fine. Nice have animation codec back.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2009 9:30 AM   in reply to Eric1138
    I ran some tests with uncompressed AVI source and output with both MJEPG A & B codecs came out fine.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2009 9:45 AM   in reply to Eric1138
    Guess what? The inconsistent results that I was having trying to provide my PPBM benchmark seem to have gone away with AME 4.02!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2009 11:21 AM   in reply to Eric1138
    Excellent Bill! I think your benchmark is an essential tool for diagnosing PPro issues. I still think Adobe should hire you to create the diagnostic tool they are trying to do without.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)