• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove all transitions?

Participant ,
Nov 08, 2008 Nov 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the automate to sequence with default transition. A few dozens of transitions were added to the sequence.
How to remove all the transitions without deleting the sequence and starting from scratch please?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 09, 2008 Nov 09, 2008
Shift+select them and delete them.

/Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2008 Nov 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shift+select them and delete them.

/Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 18, 2016 Aug 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you explain in detail how i select all the transitions and delete them ?

I always get the whole track, or many clips, selected *with* the transitions !!!

As this is marked as answer, i'm obviously missing some step...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2016 Aug 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, I've been looking for this from yesterday. This looks very useful for me as I have spent so much time for searching it.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

who marked this as correct? this deletes the clips NOT just the transitions !?!?!?!?!!?!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Roger.

Do I have to select the transitions one by one ? But there are many transitions. Any way to select them all in one go?

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK there is no way to select all in one go.

A tip:
Since one click on the wrong place deselect all transitions you just selected i would select lets say ten transitions and delete them, select ten more and delete them, etc until all are gone. :)

/Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, Roger, thank you very much indeed for your tip. :)

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given that you can apply the default transition to all selected clips in CS4, it might be nice to have a NONE transition which you could apply to all selected clips and thus remove any applied transitions.

If jusko thinks it worth it, he could submit a feature request to http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform.

Depending on what editing you have done after using Automate to Timeline, it might be quicker just to repeat the process into a clean sequence (so you have a backup in the original sequence if you change your mind).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I would love to be able to select a bunch of clips, or an entire sequence and just remove all the transitions. This has come up for me a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you David for your input.

Its strange that there is an item "remove effects" under the clip menu, but the effects to be removed do not include "transitions". And "transitions" are in fact under the "effects" category. So its very logical that "remove effects" should have included "transitions".

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>"transitions" are in fact under the "effects" category.

Do you mean in a general video production kind of way, or do you mean specifically in a folder or a menu? Because in the first sense, an effect and a transition are two very different things, and in the second sense, previous versions of Premiere did indeed have them separate. If they're now combined, well...Adobe should also realize the first sense and probably should not have done that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Jim. I mean video editing in ppro cs4. "Video Transitions" is within the "Effects" Panel. So, its very logical when you choose "clips" > "remove effects", the pop up windows should include "transitions' as well.

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2008 Nov 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2012 Jan 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also think, if there is an option ...apply the default transition to all selected... you have done that to your 100 over clips, then there should also be an option 'remove all transitions for the selected area'.

Why give a shortcut to apply transitions to it all but now way to get rid of them?

I found that putting in transitions doubles my movie size. So I dont want them any more...so, putting them in was easy and getting rid of them is tedious?
It looks like going to the Mafia for a cash credit. Getting it is easy but paying it back costs you a finger or your life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that true, putting in transitions doubles the movie size? Are yuo sure, because as far as I remembr my final file is always same size, it only depended to the lenght not the efects!

I think the effects and transitions only make the encoding time long not the file size.

Mitchell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that putting in transitions doubles my movie size.

Adding transitions will have no effect whatsoever either on the resolution of your export or the file size of your export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2012 Jan 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim Simon wrote:

Adding transitions will have no effect whatsoever either on the resolution of your export or the file size of your export.

I tend to disagree....

same export settings....NO transitions 29.7Mb Movie....WITH transitions 54.8 Mb.

Well, its not exactly double but its substantially more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File size is determined by two factors, the bitrate and the duration.  Codec, resolution, frame rate, content and other factors do not come into play here.

The only way to get such a large difference between files is to change one of those two mentioned factors - bitrate or duration.  The most likely explanation here is observer error.  Either the files aren't the reported sizes, or the settings were not identical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The difference in file size you are seeing is because you are only using motionless stills in your movies. No motion, and no effects. Some codecs allows for file size reduction by writing first and last frame information for a still, regardless of the length in the video sequence. Why the transition increases file size is because the codec actually has to write info for each frame in the length of the transition.

This is not going to be the case with anybody working with actual video clips, or if someone adds motion to their stills. The codec then has to write information for every frame, resulting in a larger file size. For most projects, transitions will not make any significant change in file size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2012 Jan 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephen, yes that may well be.

I am adding a lot of changes to my frames and all the changing frames add new information while if I have only still images to show.

Another interesting observation is: Although I have only still images and nothing much changes from frame to frame the movie has a huge size.

Actually during the export changes from frame to frame could be taken into account to make the movie smaller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 06, 2015 Apr 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so, it is 6.5 years later and we cannot remove all transitions in premiere pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

old question but still intersting. Just came up with a workaround: select all clips, rightclick > speed/duration, change speed to 200% and deselct "ripple delet", okay. Reopen speed/duration and reset speed to 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL -- thnx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines