Skip navigation
This discussion is locked

Adobe Reader for Windows Mobile 5

Jan 16, 2007 10:02 AM

Latest reply: J McWilliams, Apr 6, 2009 2:45 PM
Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 12, 2008 7:52 PM   in reply to (Charles_Spooner)
    Beverly, I just checked my WM5.0 pocket pc and I see that Adobe Reader still looks for PDF files in the My Documents folder. So if you store PDF files on a storage card, you'll need to create a My Documents folder and place the PDF files there. This is not the case for other applications.....

Julie, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 13, 2008 8:43 AM   in reply to (Charles_Spooner)
    >>> create a My Documents folder and place the PDF files there. <<

Interesting... this means that while Adobe seems to follow the "compliant" convention it does not use MS's method of getting to files.

Thanks for the info,
    Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 16, 2008 1:54 PM   in reply to (Charles_Spooner)
    I have a Mac OS X 10.4.11 w/ Missing Sync 3.0.2 (335). I'm attempting to get Adobe Reader onto my iPaq 6945. The Reader downloads as an .exe file which I can't open on the Mac.

I also have a Compaq running XP. I know NOTHING about either. When I download the file it wants to know what program to use to open it. Which do I choose? The list of options is LONG. I chose something called Installer, but it failed. I don't want to continue shooting in the dark...

The easy way out of this would be if Adobe made a file for the Mac!! Is there such a thing that I haven't found?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Claudia

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 16, 2008 8:19 PM   in reply to (Charles_Spooner)
    The .exe file should be downloaded to an XP computer that has ActiveSync installed on it. View this link for instructions on installing software to your pocket pc:

http://frommypocket.pocketprimer.com/2007/01/13/i-bought-a-piece-of-so ftware-now-what-do-i-do.aspx

===============================
    Julie, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2008 10:25 AM   in reply to (Charles_Spooner)
    i have asus P525 pocket pc, the adobe reader is not installing in my device, can u pls help me to insatll the adobe software. from where i will downlaod the abode software suitable for my device??

thanks
    dilip
    philppines

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2009 2:45 PM   in reply to (uerguep)

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)