Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Reader  2002 and Windows Mobile 6

Jun 30, 2007 8:30 AM

Hello,

has anyone experience with Adobe Reader and Windows Mobile 6?
I'm using an E-Ten M700 and the Reader (I tried ARM-Version and 2.0) installed itself perfectly but when started the loading icon appears shortly and nothing happens.
Is the Reader no good with WM 6?

Thanks,
Martin

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 31, 2007 1:56 AM   in reply to (Onetimeuser)
    I have generally had more success installing .cab files directly on WM6 on my Xda Orbit, for example installing PocketInformant 2007. This install asked me 3x if I wanted to install on main memory or the card (13mb goes on the card any day!) The install seemed to work OK. This was using a download from 2005, version 8.1.160.0.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 13, 2007 3:18 AM   in reply to (Onetimeuser)
    I have an ETEN M700 as well, upgraded to WM6 recently. I installed Adobe Reader 2.0 for PPC on my desktop and then into the handheld via ActiveSync. I remember the same problem as you describe - brief display of loading icon and then nothing. After some time, I realized that this happened only when I was trying to open specific .pdf file directly. If I opened just blank instance of Adobe Reader from Start > Programs, the program started correctly. After correct start-up of the Reader itself, it became possible to open specific file.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 19, 2007 6:49 AM   in reply to (Onetimeuser)
    Well i cant even install PPC 2.0 on my smartphone at all! Nor did it come with LE, nor can i download it. it came with that crappy picsel viewer thing, so i cant use a REAL PDF VIEWER.

Motorola q 9h. great phone, no pdf or word.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 13, 2007 2:51 PM   in reply to (Onetimeuser)
    I had the same problem with a new M700 PPC and I couldn't solve the problem also starting directly the Reader. but I had the problem downloading the Italian and also with the French versione of Adobe Reader. finally I tried to download the Eng version and ... SURPRISE!! the program work properly!!
    It seems that there is a bug in the foreign version of Ad. Reader.
    I cannot see any other explanation
    Antonio

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 14, 2007 8:51 AM   in reply to (Onetimeuser)
    Yes there is some bug in the non english versions but Adobe refuses to correct that as they only support Adobe Reader LE which a normal user can't download! What a pitty as the old 2.0 one can display my PDF but the new one only shows blank pages.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 27, 2008 4:13 PM   in reply to (Onetimeuser)

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 27, 2008 4:13 PM   in reply to (Onetimeuser)
    Hi

I have an HP Ipaq 510 voice messenger with Windows Mobile 6. I have tried to install any version of acrobat reader on it but it when I launch it only appears a loading logo and the nothing happens. Could anyone help me with this?

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 28, 2008 6:36 PM   in reply to (Onetimeuser)
    The HP IPAQ 510 is a smartphone. Adobe Reader for Pocket PCs may not work on smartphones. You could try using a different piece of software that is designed specifically for smartphones. Foxit Reader is one that might work:

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/mobile/winmobile.htm

==================
    Julie, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 30, 2008 12:34 PM   in reply to (Onetimeuser)
    HOW DOES ONE DELETE A DOWNLOADED ADOBE FILE ON WINDOWS MOBILE 6 ?
    I CAN'T SEEM TO DELETE A FILE I DOWNLOADED ON MY HTC MOGUL (6800).
    ADOBE READER

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 17, 2008 8:13 AM   in reply to (Onetimeuser)
    My public library offers e-books in Adobe format. What do I need to read them on my AT&T Tilt -- Windows Mobile 6?

Thanks,
    Craig.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2008 7:05 PM   in reply to (Onetimeuser)
    Greetings. I had trouble installing Adobe Reader 2.0 to my PDA, but now it is installed and seems to open the pdf files okay.

(1)Downloaded the Adobe Reader 2.0 to my PC desktop. "AdbeRdr20_ppc_enu" appeared on the desktop.
    (2)Connected my PC and PDA using a USB cable. Make sure your PDA is turned ON during this step. From the PC Program, find and click on Microsoft ActiveSync. You want your PDA and PC connected and synchronized through ActiveSync. It seems like the ActiveSync does this pretty much by itself. Again, make sure your PDA is ON during this.
    (3)Double clicked on above "AdbeRdr20_ppc_enu" and the install wizard for the Adobe Reader 2.0 worked itself.
    (4)Went to my PDA Program folder and saw that it was installed. Double clicked on it and opened files okay.

Good luck.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2008 1:08 PM   in reply to (Onetimeuser)
    I have an ATT/Tilt running Win Mobile6. Adobe Reader LE does not relow a document, so it is the next thing to useless.

I tried Foxit, and it has the same problem.

Question: Will the pocketpc for win 2003 work on a win mobile 6 device and does it reflow PDF documents.

Thanks,
    Chuck Humphrey

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 23, 2008 3:22 PM   in reply to (Onetimeuser)
    >>> Will the pocketpc for win 2003 work on a win mobile 6 device and does it reflow PDF documents. <<

In general, all ppc apps will run on current winmobile _ppc_ devices (must have touch screen) so, the answer is yes unless something such as a locked device disallows installing apps.

As for reflow, that is an issue of the pdf files... they must be "tagged" in order to allow reflow on the ppc.

The sync process attempts to tag synced pdf files, but, this will only happen on the sync pc which installed acrobat reader.

Full Acrobat also has the ability to add tags (advanced/accessibility/ make accessible) but some pdfs may not allow tags to be added due to protection levels or those which have any tags anywhere in the document or those where the text is a scanned image.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2008 3:46 AM   in reply to (Onetimeuser)
    Windows

* Intel® Pentium® III or equivalent processor
    * Microsoft® Windows Vista®; Windows® XP Professional, Home Edition, or Tablet PC Edition with Service Pack 2; Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4; Windows 2003 Server
    * 128MB of RAM (256MB recommended for complex forms or large documents)
    * Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or 7.0, Firefox 1.5 or 2.0, Mozilla 1.7, AOL 9

minikperi
    yuju
    glitter

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 12, 2008 8:06 AM   in reply to (Onetimeuser)
    I have ADOBE Reader LE pre-installed in my smartphone (Windows Mobile 6)but... I cannot read anything!
    When opening a pdf file, a message appears, saying that no application is associated. So, I open Reader app, and it shows the device tree, but no file is displayed.
    How can I use it? Should the files have a different extension, rather than pdf?
    Regards,

Ana.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 19, 2008 9:23 AM   in reply to (Onetimeuser)
    The file association needs to be set... google for a win mobile tweaks program and use that to find the le application and set the file association...

...better yet, if your phone has a touch screen, install acrobat ppc reader.

Since le was preinstalled, also suggest calling your phone's tech support and get them to deal with it.

Beverly Howard [Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices]
    (MVP Info at http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpfaqs)

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 19, 2008 1:06 PM   in reply to (Onetimeuser)
    Test Reply, please ignore.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 19, 2008 4:05 PM   in reply to (Onetimeuser)
    Thank you!
    How can I do the file association in Windows Mobile? I cannot find this functionality browsing menues...

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 22, 2008 8:46 AM   in reply to (Onetimeuser)
    >>> How can I do the file association in Windows Mobile? <<

The easiest way is normally to install the software... the file association should be set when you install the software.

If not, you will have to install a Windows Mobile "Tweaks" program, then use that to set the file association with .pdf files.

You have never posted your phone make/model/os or if it has a touch screen, so I have insufficient data to really answer your question.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2009 9:39 AM   in reply to (Onetimeuser)
    hi i bougth a smartflip 3125 with windows mobile 6.1 but after several times , the adobe reader 2.0 for pocket pc , it didnt work... i dont know if that it cant be installed in wmb6.1 ??

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 3, 2009 12:11 PM   in reply to (Onetimeuser)
    Thank you very much!!!, I find finally the solution for install de acrobat reader 2.0 in my pc pocket mioP560 (windows mobile 6.0) with your advices, it´s true the ActiveSync does this pretty much by itself.

Bbye

Andrew.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 5, 2009 1:36 PM   in reply to (Onetimeuser)
    I use an HTC Touch HD as a PDA mobile phone and it has Window mobile 6.1 and the Adobe PDF Reader works ok on that.

Jim.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)