• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open PDF with Bookmarks pane open?

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2008 Aug 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way you can set up a PDF so that the document automatically opens with the Bookmarks pane open?

Thank you,
A.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 26, 2008 Aug 26, 2008
Not by using Reader no (because you couldn't save the settings).

If you have Acrobat, go to File>Properties>Initial View>Layout and Navigation>Navigation tab and select "Bookmarks panel and page."

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not by using Reader no (because you couldn't save the settings).

If you have Acrobat, go to File>Properties>Initial View>Layout and Navigation>Navigation tab and select "Bookmarks panel and page."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have Acrobat -- this is great. Thanks muchly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2008 Aug 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So no way to do this with Reader then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2008 Aug 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't set up PDFs with Reader, it can't make this sort of change.

Aandi Inston

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2008 Oct 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My PDF files are created by exporting from Pagemaker 7. Can I somehow specify in Pagemaker that the pdf file bookmark pane will be expanded when the pdf file is opened ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2008 Oct 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional, and am using lots of bookmarks. Is there a way to control the levels of bookmarks that open automatically when you open the file? It defaults to the whole tree opening up, and I'd like to have just the first two levels of bookmarks open (an then the reader can expand for more detailed bookmarks). Any help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2012 Apr 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply open or close the hierachy of bookmarksto look exactly as you want to see it when the pdf opens and then save the file. When you open it up in reader, it displays the bookmarks as they were at the time of your last save.

This allows you to decide on a bookmark by boomark level what is open and what remains closed.

This also allows you to open the 1st and say 4th bookmark to show all 3 tiers, the 2nd bookmark to show no tiers, and the last two bookmarks to show only the first and second tiers. Endless combinations. It isn't all or nothing.

Hope that is helpful. Terri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2012 Apr 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can be done when the original PDF is created.

Here's how I do it using Acrobat Pro 9

File->Properties->Initial View->

Navigation Tab: bookmark panel and page

Glad to help out. Terri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I had forgotten how to set the initial view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The suggested setting only applies it to the file in Acrobat 20. Is there a way to change the default within the program? I am having no luck finding it.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you keep the Bookmarks Pane open all the time?  When I click on a bookmark it then closes the pane and I have to open it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Look at the settings in the bookmark panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines